Electrode, Roseanne's and Rare Candy related questions

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by ShotoCloneX, Mar 10, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. ShotoCloneX

ShotoCloneX New Member

1. Can you search for a cresselia lv. x with roseanne's research? I ask because I read a ruling that says you can't attach a DRE to cress lv. x because its not considered "evolved". This seems to suggest that cresselia is a basic which brings me to this question.

2. Can you evolve a Cresselia to Cresselia lv. x same turn with rare candy?

3. In regards to forcing a draw with electrode: if you explode electrode in the beginning of the game which causes both you and your opponent to bench, would you go into a sudden death?

4. Last question. Can you play trainer cards even if they won't have any affect? For example, can you play a windstorm if there are no tools or stadiums? Or can you play warp point if neither you nor your opponent have any bench pokemon? This seems to occur when a player needs to free up his hand to draw more cards via birch/ claydol.

Thanks in advance ^_^

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

1. No. As a card, it is neither an evolution OR a basic. It is a Level Up card. Roseanne's only searches for Basics, not any Pokemon card, so it can't get it.

2. No. Rare Candy is for Evolving, not Leveling Up.

3. If each players meets one Win Condition (no Pokemon in play, in this case), then yes, you go into Sudden Death.

4. No. You cannot play any card if it is publicly known that it will have no effect.