Element Gems

Discussion in 'Create-A-Card' started by rayquaza2222, Mar 16, 2011.

8 league13 468 60
  1. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    I would think these would be nice.

    Tell me what you think! I got the idea when I found some Gems on Pokemon White.
     
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. wobbufet

    wobbufet New Member

    I'm sorry, but these are overpowered. Example, if you go second:

    Garchomp C.
    DCE.
    TGI-Energy Gain.
    Colorless Gem.
    T1 90 damage.

    If you toned them down to 20, I'd be OK with them.
     
  3. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    ^ I don't think they are to powerful. BTW, they can be used only once.
     
  4. wobbufet

    wobbufet New Member

    Yes, I know they can only be used once, and late game, aren't TOO overpowered. But in the first parts of the game, it can give you a first trainer turn win. Late Game= Fine. Early Game= Broken.
     
  5. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    ^well, look at it this way:

    E-belt does 20 more damage to every attack the Pokemon does (for the rest of the game, or till its knocked out)
    and the Gems do 40 more damage for one turn.

    I see it as even
     
  6. wobbufet

    wobbufet New Member

    And you're Opponent gets 2 prizes for EB. See what I mean? Sorry for asking, but, do you play the TCG competitively?
     
  7. koolkidkaz

    koolkidkaz New Member

    You have to look at it like this. With new B&W rules upcoming, trainers can be played first turn. i play a hoppip first turn, attach a grass gem and a grass energy, then a pluspower, and it's a T1 KO on pretty much any basic
     
  8. Kayle

    Kayle Active Member


    WOW YOU CAN ATTACH TWO TOOLS?! THAT'S SO COOL.

    These aren't so scary specifically because you can't have any other Tools attached, and 90% of relevant attackers use either E-gain or Belt. The other 10% are usually trainerlocked.

    But they are very powerful, I don't want to say they aren't overpowered, just - it's not that simple.

    Nice concept though.
     
  9. wobbufet

    wobbufet New Member

    Oopsies! I think I'd use Psychic Gem on a Uxie Donk deck, though.
     
  10. cabd

    cabd New Member

    Why not a simple rule in front of each:

    "You may only play this card if your opponent has two or more benched Pokemon."
    That way, even seeker wouldn't help get around it.

    This also makes it harder to use in sudden death, and makes a donk MUCH less likely. Also, interestingly enough, makes call energy a risky play in sudden death. (grabbing two, that is)
     
  11. Scipio

    Scipio New Member

    Yeah, as they stand now, without a drawback, they're too good. Compare to Strength Charm.
    Also...
    T1 Horsea - Candy - Kingdra - Energy - Water Jewel. 100 damage and a 10 snipe right there...
     
  12. flariados

    flariados New Member

    I would run four of this because the difference in doing 60 or 100 damage is huge.
     
  13. ShuckleLVX

    ShuckleLVX Active Member

    40 is too much. If you don't want to include a drawback, drop it to 20 IMO. Strength Charm is generic for 10, these being specific for 20 sounds about right.
     
  14. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    Updates on cards made:
    cards only do damage to the opponent's active Pokemon
     
  15. Pikamaster

    Pikamaster Active Member

    So Shuppet got a new best friend?
     
  16. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    now thats too weak!

    I see it as strong a E-belt (as I said before!):
    E-belt does 20 to active
    Gems do 40 to active for one turn

    20 for rest of turn = 40 for one turn
     
  17. Scipio

    Scipio New Member

    Expert Belt also comes with a serious downfall. These guys dont.
    Uxie + PsyGem + 4 Pluspowers = Consistent 100. Not counting Crobats.
     
  18. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    ^4 Pluspowers? I don't think you can use that many on one Pokemon.
     
  19. wobbufet

    wobbufet New Member

    Its a trainer. You can use as many as you want in your turn.
     
  20. rayquaza2222

    rayquaza2222 New Member

    ^COOL I didn't know that!
     

Share This Page