Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Emboar combos

Arceus597

Emboar's power allows unlimited fire attachment to any pokes. Shuckle hgss promo allows you to draw a card when you attach energy to him. Unown RETURN allows you to pick up all energy on any pokes. Finally, Forretress LA allows you to flip a coin when energy is attached, and if tails, 20 to all pokes, excluding any foretress.

I was thinking about a deck with them. But what techs? Bronzong SF? Speed or slow with 'Tomb? Backup attacker? These are questions I was considering, since it sounds like a good combo.

I'm pretty sure this us going to end up like Gatr prime because his translation said the same thing as this, once it finally came out, people were dissapointed when it was only to water types. I'm seeing the same fate with Emboar as with Gatr

4 tomb
4-2-4 emboar
2 shuckle hss promo
2-2 ninetales hs

+ about 3 seeker, and a lot of energy ('bout 15). Uxie's not really needed- you have more than enough drawpower.

I'm pretty sure this us going to end up like Gatr prime because his translation said the same thing as this, once it finally came out, people were dissapointed when it was only to water types. I'm seeing the same fate with Emboar as with Gatr

Yes, you probably do have a point. But still, you never know!:biggrin:

I really like the RDL idea.

Magmortor from TM might be worth considering. You can run 4 fisherman and pretty much guaranteed you'll discard 5 cards off your opponents deck for each turn.

I think Emboar is something you have to be careful with. He has a whopping FOUR retreat cost, and Catcher will be in the format when he shows up. That's a bit dangerous. He's not a Pokemon you can just leave sitting on the bench if you use him.

If Emboar is caught active due to Catcher then you can attach some energies to him to attack with Emboar. It is probably not a favourable position but not that bad that he won't be played.

I think Emboar is something you have to be careful with. He has a whopping FOUR retreat cost, and Catcher will be in the format when he shows up. That's a bit dangerous. He's not a Pokemon you can just leave sitting on the bench if you use him.

The thing is, all techs will have that problem. and, as stated before, you can always attack with him. Do you think people will stop using cards like Dialga G b/c he is weak to catcher?

Every tech with at least :colorless::colorless: retreat cost has that problem.

No1 sees the obvious thing with reshiram ?
a 130hp attacker, which can deal 120 damage each turn. And oh yeah, it's searchable with dual ball.

i've been working on a deck idea based on Emboar and Fortress LA, its kinda a suicide deck but seems pretty fun

heres the basic line
Emboar
Fortress LA
Bronzong SF
maybe espeon (solar suggestion to move dam off me)

some max potion to heal my poke and maybe unown return mentioned here for more energy drops (along with the seekers).

its still pretty slow though and it ends up losing cause i killed off too many of mine and not enough of theirs

Last edited:
xDDDDDDDDDDD

Wow, I'm so happy other people noticed Emboar/Shuckle as well. I almost fell out of my chair when I first saw it.

Yeah, I'm waiting till I get my hands on the card to find out if it really does what it says. If so then I also planned deck ideas with him and RDL and Magmortar TM, respectively. Unless they change or errata him I see him as the next major draw engine for most decks.

Wow, with all these combos that are amazing, his price is going to be pretty high!

I hope they release this one in the theme deck

Back