Empalkia, giving in to archtypes

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by ShuckleLVX, Jun 10, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

So, i got called out last week at BR's, so this week im going to experiment with actualy playing an archtype, as opposed to my current rogue (Ferlaigtr d Flygon d Deoxys d). So, heres me attempt!

3-2-3-1 Empoleon LvX (MD Empoleon)
    2-2 Palkia LvX
    2-2 Mantine
    2-2 Claydol
    21Pokeymans

Rare Candy x3
    Celios Network x4
    Premier Ball x3
    Quick Ball x4
    Night Maintaince x2
    Rosannes Research x4
    Switch x2
    Dawns Stadium x2

Water x11
    Scramble x2
    Call x2
    15 N-Er-G's

Empoleon to slap people around, Palkia to switch my opponents active while free retreating with Mantine, Switch incase people are smart and pull my Claydol active... yeah... pretty basic...

2. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

You might consider 1 Skarmory EX for added irritation! Restructure, bring out a heavy wiht minimal energy and then Dual Splash. If they retreat they take 3 which helps with the spread!

Have Fun!!

3. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

^not a neat strategy if they pull out Skarmory ex,,

Claydol should not be played in here, it ruins your strategy.

4. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Skar is a one retreat cost os not that big of an issue... with the free retreat of everyone else, energy placement for Skar is ok to retreat!

5. ashinto

ashinto New Member

i think that mismagius should be played with the now empoleon. empoleo places damage counters on your pokemon, and that's good for mismagius.

6. AlanJLegend

AlanJLegend New Member

Yes, unfortunately you cannot run Claydol with Empalkia. Your opponent will bring in Claydol with restructure and then you won't be able to retreat him with Mantine. You could always put him in forcing your opponent to put in another Pokemon, in which case they will choose Palkia Lv.X which has a retreat cost of 3 :(.

IMO you would be much better off with a few Amulet coins and Steven's Advice.

7. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

This deck is not, has not, and will never be an archtype. Palkia LV:X is just too... bleh (for lack of a better word). The deck needs more Omastar.

8. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

palkia lvl x is broken i'll pm the OPer with what tech makes it broken because it's too nasty for the eyes of the gym

9. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

If it's Unown Q, then I'm either going to laugh, cry, or vomit. Probably all 3 at once.

10. ShuckleLVX

ShuckleLVX Active Member

Yeah, it was Unown Q >.<

11. AlanJLegend

AlanJLegend New Member

That's a bit negative don't you think?

Unown Q + Mantine gives Palkia Lv.X free retreat, allowing you to essentially switch one of your opponent's Pokemon once during your turn?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.