Empario (kind of)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Jigglypuff666, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

I am already sick of Empleon decks this season, mainly due to the fact that Infernacatty is completely weak to it. As the old saying goes, if you can't beat it, join it! Now, guess what I've done?

Pokémon (16)
    3 Riolu (DP)
    3 Lucario (DP)
    4 Piplup (DP)
    4 Prinplup (DP)
    2 Empoleon (DP)

Trainers (28)
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Holon Mentor
    4 Cessation Crystal
    4 Plus Power
    2 Castaway
    4 Celio's Network
    3 Battle Frontier
    1 Prof. Rowan
    1 Copycat
    2 Steven's Advice
    1 Bill's Maintenance
    2 Scott

Energy (16)
    6 Fighting
    5 Water
    3 DRE
    2 Multi

Strategy:
    Snipe, snipe and snipe some more! Lucario and Prinplup are the snipers at the beginning of the game, while Empoleon is meant to be the late game attacker. Also the reason why I haven't maxed it out. Cessation Crystal and Battle Frontier are for disruption.
    All help is appriciated so long as it doesn't involve Mysterious Treasures. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  2. Lucario X has a certain poke power that is a game winner.

3. lolganium

lolganium New Member

2 empoleon? waaaaa?

imo, it's worth changing lucario for the mt octillery, and playing 4-4-4 empoleon. 4-4-4 empoleon, 2-2 octillery, sorted.

this will make energy alot simpler

1 holon castform
    2 dre
    2 scramble
    water!

4. Use Lucario as your main attacker and Empoleon as your back up. Attach scramble energy to him and your ready to take control.

5. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

Has no one realised this:
    Actually, Scramble would be nice, but what energies should I take out for them.
    Also, Lucario and Prinplup are the early attackers, with Empoleon lending the muscle late game (a bit like Machamp in Mario).

lolganium - as soon as MT is officially released in England, then it will probably be changed to Octillery. Until then, it's Lucario.

6. aade8

aade8 New Member

You may not want to jump on the Octillery bandwagon just yet. Octillery gives your deck a serious mono-weakness (electric), and has 10 less HP that Lucario. What Octillery does for two W energy, Lucario does for 2 fighting, and better. Granted, you have to play around with energy, but I personally play 4 multi energy in my 'Empario', and it works fine. You have to experiment to see just how many fighting, and water energies you want, but that is secondary. If you do choose to keep Lucario, DCPD is correct in that Lucario Lv. X is a game-winner (in certain situations). When MT is released for you, try to get a hold of one ASAP (as long as you're still playing Lucario).

7. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

aade8 - all very good points, but for that lightning weakness to become annoying, lightning decks will have to see a rise in popularity full stop. If that happens, then, and I think his may be a bad idea, I could just tech in a 1-0-1 Blastoise d (CG) line. If that weakness is stil a problem, then I'd probably stay with Empario. I need to try the deck out (which is a fairly hard thing to do for a while since league is on Friday's and I was only able to build the deck in the evening after league. Once it's tested, I will then make nessecary adjustments to the energy. As for Lucario Lv.X, I'd like to try and get one now (shops are selling it, even though we can't use MT) in advance, but no one has one (yet...).

8. lolganium

lolganium New Member

i'm in england too! i wouldn't use cario. rai d is much more expendable in this case. 4 empolon is the play tho, 4-3-4 empoleon.

9. Jigglypuff666

Jigglypuff666 New Member

lolganium - I would use Raichu (or experiment with it) if it wasn't for the fact that I either have none. I kind of prefer Lucario's sniping as well. I also only have 2 Empoleon, but I think that's all it will need as Prinplup's damage spread is too good to pass up on. Their my opinions though.

10. bugsbite

bugsbite New Member

I used my empocario deck today, didn't get the rai d yet, went 2/5, lost to Blissy, another empoleon and Arrgon. The problem I had was and energy drought, Lucario and empoleon were set up. Arrgon was down to the wire, the other two wasted me. The other 2 went quickly with Lucario setting up fot an empoleon wrap up, It was cool. I had only 15 energy. Fun for my first BR!

Later I asked some the veteran seasoned players( I think they were :wink:) for advice here is what they came up with which will apply for this deck.

Have 16 energies:

6 Fighting
    6 Water
    2 DRE
    2 scramble

Pokémon (16)
    3-3-1 Lucario ( which I had)
    4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 Empoleon ( I was using 4-4-3)

11. lolganium

lolganium New Member

whatever you wanna play, it's your deck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.