Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon and Bronzong

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnaann

I need to create a new deck and have decided on Empozong. I need to make a decklist to trade the right cards. This is my idea.

Pokemon - 22

4-2-3-1 Empoleon family (All MD except for Lv.X)
2-2 Baltoy - Claydol
3-3 Bonzor - Bronzong
2 Pacharisu

Trainers - 22

4 Celios Network
1 Stevens Advice
4 Dusk Ball
2 Rare Candy
2 Master Ball
1 Scott
2 Premier Ball
1 Professer Birch
2 Great Ball
2 Night Mantinence
1 Warp Point

Energy - 16

:water: - 12

:psychic: - 3

Scramble - 1

Stratergy - Use Bronzong to spread damage onto their pokemon to take down Claydols and make cards like Gardevoir and Garchomp Lv.X able to become knocked out with one attack. Use surf together to take down basic pokemon.

Please make your own suggestions! Thanks

Pokemon:24
4 Piplup (Splatter) MD
3 Prinplup DP (Aqua Shower)
4 Empoleon (3 MD, 1 Lvl X)
3 Bronzor MD
3 Bronzong MD
3 Phione MD (Evolution Wish)
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE

Trainers:18
3 Galactic Wager
3 Bebe's Search
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenence
2 Dawn Stadium

Energy:18
4 Call
4 Multi
10 Water

My build of this insane deck. Well, for what I would have it built as.

What I put up there was a next season legal version of your Empoleon, meaning I would not run Celio's, Bebe's Search is enough, and Dusk is un-needed. You should be fine they way this is, I play against one like the build I posted, and it runs very fluently. It should run fine.

i think that with the release of the pokedrawer empoleon will be better with omastar because you can grab any 2 cards from the deck with the pokedrawers and an omastar at the right time can enable you to take 3-4 prizes at 1 go....btw run the dp pipup

i would suggest
4-3-3-1 prinplup dp/empoleon md/lv x
2-2 bronzong
2-2 claydoll
1-0-1 ampharos
1 absol ex
1 holon castfrom
1 phione

My edited build. I feel this should do well:

Pokemon:24
4 Piplup (Splatter) MD
2 Prinplup DP (Aqua Shower)
4 Empoleon (3 MD, 1 Lvl X)
3 Bronzor MD
3 Bronzong MD
2 Phione MD (Evolution Wish)
2 Baltoy GE
2 Claydol GE
1-0-1 Ampharos SW

Trainers:19
3 Galactic Wager
4 Celio's Network
3 Roseanne's Research
3 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
2 Night Maintenence
2 Lake Boundary

Energy:17
4 Call
4 Multi
1 Scramble
8 Water

Thoughts? I would like an Absol EX in it and another Phione.

Strategy : Same as my first post. The Lake boundary allows a counter to Empoleon and GG/PLOX decks. With this stadium the Ampharos can knock out an Empoleon and Bronzong can hit 120 against a pokemon with a physic weakness.

Absol EX would allow me to move damage counters around and would work well with Bronzong's first attack. The 4 Multi Energy can be used as water or for Bronzong and Ampharos.

I want to keep 3-3 Bronzong to keep it more consistant and to be able to bring out 2-3 each game.

I don't see Ampharos being that helpful. It's hard to get out a tech line when you are trying to get out Claydol, Empo's, and Bronzongs.

That is why Dusknoir is the better play. We all know that if you don't get Dusknoir out until late game, it is still really, really good. Unlike Ampharos, Dusknoir is really good at any point in the game.

Also, you really don't need a 3-3 Bronzong. You definitely need more scramble/dre. If you decide to run more scramble/dre, then honestly you can drop the psychic energies.

I would start by using call energys and Roseanne'e Research, to fill my bench. Then bring out Phinoe and use Evolution wish to speed up play.

Ampharos I would not try to get out unlessit was an empoleon deck. If it isn't and I draw the cards then I can put them back to the bottom with Claydol.

Scrambles, I will run 2 but with DRE I don't have any and don't want to buy loads as the format will change soon

I'm unsure whether Bronzong would be better than Omastar. I'm in the Seniors.

Bronzong > Omastar. Bronzong variants can usually spread damage faster than a Omastar variant can de-evolve their Pokemon.

Also, when exactly is the format going to rotate? When it does, most decks are going to lose their Scramble Energies and Double Rainbow Energies, making this and GG harder to play with. If the rotation is soon, I would suggest that you hold off on making this deck and just make something for DP-LA or even DP-IFDS. By the time you trade for all the cards for this deck you could be making something better.

I agree with Toxic on waiting for the format change to make the trades.
I have a Chatot in my Empoleon deck and I find it very helpful.
If you're not playing Claydol in a deck you have to have a pretty specific reason not to.

you need more than one scramble. I tried with 2 and STILL came up short. I suggest adding 2 more scramble if you have them. If not, don't worry about it, sense it'll be rotated.

I'm getting enough Bronzongs and Omastars to test out both, though I believe Bronzong will be better.

OK Thanks on the scrambles. I should be able to get 3.

I'm trying to make it not much of a change to the next format but I missed the Nationals and before I go up to the masters I'd like to try and win my first tournament so I don't mind trading scrambles etc to put into this deck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back