Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Empoleon Lucario is Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thysereivuth

So i was going through my binder and i never really saw the reason why this deck doesnt see any play any more. IT has so many ways of bringing decks in this format down and has a good attacker and good damage spreaders.

Pokemon:
3 Riolu
3 Lucario
1 Lucario lv x
3 Piplup(which on do you think i should use)
2 Prinplup (which on do you think i should use)
3 Empoleon MD
1 Empoleon lv X
2 Baltoy
2 Claydol

Energy:
2 Multi
6 Water
6 Fighting

Trainers:
3 Bebe
3 Masterball
2 Roseane
1 Mentor
4 Stevens advice
3 Pluspower
1 Castaway
2 Cesation Crystal
2 Crystal beach
3 Rare Candy
2 Night maintenance

Strategy:
Your preferred starter is Riolu, so you can turn two a Lucario. You own their bench with Lucario for about two turns so you can get your Empoleon charged up and start owning their bench again except with 30 though. When everything is in ko range start doing Empoleon second attack. Claydol is there to help you get setup. I know. Why put 3 cess crystals in a deck that runs Claydol. With the cess, its one of those cards where you have to know when to play it, but you can lock any deck in this format with the cess and crystal beach.

Last edited:
After testing an empoleon for a while I've found: Cessation crystal + claydol = FTL!..... So take out the cessation crystal. I say add 3 call energy or 3 premire ball for them.

FTL???
I think Cess is a key part to the deck. and don't you think 3 premier ball is over kill? I never liked call energy and it doesn't exactly work with Lucario since his attack need two fighting energy. Plus they both don't exactly have high retreats so if i need to use Claydol i could just retreat and bring up someone different cutting the Cess power off.

( FTL= For the lose.)

If you think CC is working in your deck, use it. And with 2 Lv.x's, 3 'mier balls would work. Also, a windstorm or 2 in case you need to use claydol and can't get rid of your CC, or if they have one.

Piplup- MD with the berry.
Prinplup- DP

These are for spread decks like this.

( FTL= For the lose.)

If you think CC is working in your deck, use it. And with 2 Lv.x's, 3 'mier balls would work. Also, a windstorm or 2 in case you need to use claydol and can't get rid of your CC, or if they have one.

Premier ball would be ok but what to take out? I usually only throw premier ball in decks i actually need the lv x to be used like torterra eveelutions magmortar gg and so on. with this deck its not really needed just good to have. what to take out for windstorm i dont think ill need more than one

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Piplup- MD with the berry.
Prinplup- DP

These are for spread decks like this.

oh preciate it man.

Last edited:
I think you could drop a master ball for windstorm, if you think that'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back