Empoleon LVLX and Omastar

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by berra_gud, May 7, 2008.

1. berra_gud

berra_gud New Member

I just tought of this combo and i think you should say what YOU think about it. Well here it goes :

Empoleon lvlx and omastar md.

You devolve with omastar and hopefully use supreme command to ut them down. tgm is also great with this. then you snipe away the stage1s and basics that are left alone with either empoleon md or the lvlx attack

So what do you think?

2. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

I think that everyone and thier grandmother has probably thought of this combo by now. :p
    It's a good combo.

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

If your combo is because Empoleon LV.X removes cards from the opponent's hand... Why not just play Wager? That's a LOT easier to get then a stage 2 LV.X pokemon, and more splashable into different decks.

If your combo is because Empoleon MD spreads damage... Well. Yes. Then you've got a good combo.

The problem with the first combo is that it places an emphasis on a stage 2 LV.X, which makes it implied that you play 2 copies of Empoleon LV.X. Removing 4 cards from the opponent's hand is almost nice, but you sacrifice so much spreading capacity and your opponent might have more then 4 cards returned to their hand with Omastar. Getting rid of evolutions is more efficient with Wager. Damage spread is more efficient with a card that damages multiples at a time (Empoleon MD), hence the second emphasis is a tad more reliable.

Just my thoughts. I like Empoleon LV.X too, but not so much as a damage spreader (more as a, "Claydol is dead. Game Over" card, which is easy enough with two Dual Splashes and an Omastar :/)

4. DarthPika

DarthPika New Member

Same here. :biggrin:

5. Regis_Neo

Regis_Neo Moderator

Empoleon Lv X + Omastar + winning TGW should be devestating.

6. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

Just Omastar when your opponent has the advantage + TGW = :]]]]]

7. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

Claydol to go with the wager. Lapras to pull the useful supporters early. I think 4 wager is good with Lapras because you wager their wager away, then end with what you need. Draw with Claydol, then lock down with cessation.