Empoleon preparing for Nats

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by badger62, May 30, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger62

badger62 New Member

my empoleon/palkia deck

Pokemon:20

3-2-3-1 empoleon (dp)
    2-1 palkia-palkia lv X (md)
    4 lapras (ge)
    2-2 mantine

Trainers:26

2x roseannes
    2x Tv reporter
    2x POV
    2x celios
    2x elms
    1x copycat
    3x rare candy
    3x night maintenance
    3x quick ball
    2x premier ball
    2x almulet coin
    2x strength charm

Energys: 14

3x holon WP
    11x water

Stratergy: start with lapras attach amulet coin and carry in to set up. then you want to have a palkia lv X on the bench to use restructure. now you can either bring forward somthing that you can easly kill of the opponents or somthing with a high retreat cost so you can snipe for prizes. mantine lets you retreat for free after your opponent chooses what you bring forward after Restructure.

2. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

Make it a 3-3-3-1 empoleon because the prinplup from dp is an amazing spreader.. Then switch the mantine line for a 2-2 claydol it will be way more consistent. And i dont see palkia being very useful in here.. It actually hurts you.

3. badger62

badger62 New Member

well the strategy uses palkia and it is very effective. this therfore means i must use mantine to keep up the stratgey. claydol is not needed, carry in and amulet coin normal has me set up enough for the majority of the game. thanks anyway.

4. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

You should add in at least 1 Unown Q to help Palkia X retreat out for free (drop a Palkia or Lapras for room). Swap your 2 Elm's from more Celio if you have them. You gain no benefit from discarding, so swap your 2 TVR for 2 more POV. Drop 1 Night Mainteance and the 2 Premeir Ball for 2 more Roseanne's and a Suicune. Dropping 2 Water for 2 Call Energy could help as well. Finally, Drop 1 Lapras for 1 Phione (EWish) to help set up.

5. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

You don't really have much support. What happens if you play vs lati-lock or PLOX (either case you can't use palkia as effectively) or cessation, etc? You pretty much fold. You don't have much recovery ability.

6. badger62

badger62 New Member

so your fixes would be?

7. ashinto

ashinto New Member

-1 lapras
    +1 palky X
    now it seems balanced

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.