Empoleon with Ball Engine??

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by jrwaxman, Jun 10, 2008.

1. jrwaxman

jrwaxman New Member

Has anyone tried building a good Empoleon list with the Ball Engine? I have been playing every different version of him going back to DP but have always used standard supporter builds. I know that it usually works best with stage one lines but we built a Beedril deck using the Ball Engine and were amazed at how well it set up with Claydol. We used only trainers and Island Hermit to annoy GG. Weedels search for basics...is that the difference? Anyone have any experience before I waste time trying it out.

2. Shadow Zangoose

Shadow Zangoose New Member

It doesn't work well. Plain and simple.

3. ryanvergel

ryanvergel New Member

It's just consistency, honestly. When Nationals demands an 8-1 performance to cut, will you be up to gamble using such cards as pokeball, dual ball, master ball, dusk ball, pokenav, pokedexhandy, etc? All cards that can just completely whiff? At least with a roseane's or celio's I know it's a sure shot way to avoid getting donked.

People use the typical supporter build because they see the benefits of guarantee outweighing the cost of the supporter class card.

4. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

idk i've heard about it doing good, but since it's not my deck and i haven't talked to the kid yet i won't go into any details