Encore + Disable = Struggle

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Mr. Grass, Jan 16, 2004.

1. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

I have stumbled upon the secret recipe for the attack Struggle. I was in the Battle Tower and my Sharpedo had just used Surf. The opponent pokemon used Encore and then got knocked out by the resulting Surf. Alakazam was sent out next and after getting hit by 1 Surf it used Disable. I figured the result would be a few turns of "Surf was disabled" and once Encore was over I could attack again. But the next time I tried to attack it said my pokemon was out of moves and it used Struggle. Anyone else have odd fomrulas for Struggle?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2004
  2. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

yeah, works on the same principle of Kazam with Choice Band. Trick band onto opponent, which acts like an Encore, then Disable.... There is is also Encore/Choice Band + torment. Struggle every other turn... allowing you to protect, attack according to the situatuion...

3. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

Here's a different combo!I call this one the "Haha You cant hurt me"
    How bout taunt on a Shedinja when versing a normal type?

4. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

How does that work?

5. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

Shedinja's a ghost type and only special attacks are super effective on it. Shedinja can't be hurt if the opponent uses only "attack" moves(or most of the time i think)

6. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Hehehe, i get it. Evil, but too bad Sheddy is terrible.

7. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

Um... they could still use things like Flamethrower and Crunch that would knock Shedinja out. Shedinja's Wonder Guard only protects it from moves that aren't super effective. Fire, Rock, Flying, Dark, and Ghost moves will all still hit.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  8. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

yeah, thats why I don't like sheddey.

9. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

That's why u add taunt which only lets "attack" moves go through. Obviously, a lot of those u listed are "special" which won't get through on Shedinja!

10. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

yeah, but there are some that arent.

11. Mr. Grass

Mr. Grass New Member

No, Taunt makes it so only damage dealing attacks go through. So if you are taunted you can't use moves like Recover, Swords Dance, or Sunny Day, moves that don't actually hit your opponent.

12. johnznothere

johnznothere New Member

Oh. Then my little plan was a failure... I'll think up another one...

13. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Encore can be combined with almost any move to create an effective strategy if you think about it, but mostly when you're oppoment blunders and uses the wrong move by accident.

14. Tego

Tego New Member

Want to know why I don't like Sheddey? Sandstorm/Hail.. ;)

15. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

there are too many reasons not to like sheddy. Let's just say its bad and leave it at that.