ENERGY CARD == Darkness Energy

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Broken Lizard, Sep 15, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

Q. Now that the +10 damage from Darkness Energy is added before weakness and resistance:

If my Dark Quilava has a Darkness Energy attached and uses Rushing Magma (20X), what happens if X = 0 (there are no Fire Energies in my top 5 cards)? Does the Darkness Energy add 10 damage even though the attack itself does no damage?

(Note: There are many Darkness type Pokémon, and Pokémon with 'Dark' in their names, with attacks that do 10X or 20X damage)

2. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

This was answered for another card, but I don't see it in the Compendium EX. We'll get that fixed.

In the meantime, it was ruled that Darkness will only add to damage if any is done. If none is done, there is no Bonus Damage.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Here's the ruling:

Q. The wording on Darkness Energy from the EX:Ruby/Sapphire expansion says, "if the Pokemon Darkness Energy is attached to attacks, the attack does 10 more damage to the Active Pokemon." Does this mean that you get to add +10 even if an attack does no damage at all to the Defending Pokemon (i.e. EX:Sandstorm Murkrow's "Surprise" attack)?
    A. No, it still applies only if there was initial damage to add to. So in other words, you still have to do some damage in order to have "10 more" done. (Sep 18, 2003 PUI Rules Team Meeting)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.