Energy Disruption(Exp. and On)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Prime, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Energy Disruption
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]16 Pokemon
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Shiftry(Fan Away)
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Nuzleaf(steady punch)
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Seedot(surprise)
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Scyther EX
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Promo Cleffa[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]
    24 Trainers
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]3 Desert Shaman
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Copycat
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Professor Elm
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Oran Berry
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Rare Candy
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Fan Club
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Switch
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Fast Ball
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]2 Lure Ball
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]1 Town Volunteer
    [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]20 Energy
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]17 Grass Energy
    [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]3 Recycle Energy[/font]

Swarm with Shiftrys and make sure they don't get anything going with their power. Desert Shaman is used alot in this deck because it is used to shuffle their energy back into their deck and I have found Shaman to be a very good anti-elm card. Fix as you like but dont take out the Shiftry.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

I like it. Just drop a Switch and an Oran Berry for two Oracles.

3. The_Matrix999

The_Matrix999 New Member

ya i dont know what to say exept that this card is awesome! total disruption but its missing er2 and ser2 that way you get FULL benefit of 60-80 a turn. heres a fixed version.

4 Shiftry(Fan Away)
    4 Nuzleaf(steady punch)
    4 Seedot(surprise)
    1 scyther ex
    1 chansey ex(kamakaze and good cleaner)

4er2
    3 Copycat
    3 shaman
    2 ser2
    4 Professor Elm
    4 oran berry
    1 Fan Club
    4 Switch
    2 Fast Ball
    1 Town Volunteer

14 grass Energy
    3 Recycle Energy

4. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

How can you add 4 elm to my deck? Easily 8) but I don't like elm that much at all. It's really too slow for me. I watched the Gencon matches and every match it had someone that would elm to get trainers they needed but then they couldn't use them. So they would have to wait a turn which would hurt them even more. Elm is just too slow. Copycat is better than elm most of the time and when that doesn't work, go for hand disruption and use Shaman. I don't see a reason for Elm anymore.

5. dkates

dkates New Member

It all comes down to style, Prime. Personally, I've never used Elm in a deck I built for myself, although I have suggested it to others whose decks were for Modified, and even then usually when they already had it in there. I agree that Elm's "no Trainers" drawback is pretty extreme. Many people's styles involve a preference for having more cards in one's hand, even if some of them can't be used that turn. I prefer to leave as many options as possible open for as long as possible, and to maybe have fewer cards but have as many of the ones I have as possible be useful as soon as possible. For this deck, I did not recommend more Elm because you already had other card drawing. I only recommended Oracle, and that because you had the option in your deck to Oracle two cards and immediately draw them, through Cleffa. In fact, if anything, I'd drop the Elms you have instead of the cards I recommended before for the Oracles. Of course, you'll still have 10 cards that, in one way or another, limit your use of Trainers afterward, but the card pool you're using makes that difficult to avoid.

6. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Standard Eon, Best promos, regular promos 21+, no LC. No prob!!!

Pokemon:
    Good as is, but you might want to think twice about those Scyther EXes. They're prize buffer, especially against a Fire deck, which will be seen lots. Take out a Nuzleaf, for purposes to be discussed later (1).

Trainers:
    I will respect your wish of no Elms. I also see the good point in Shaman, so it will stay in. I just saw the problem with LNS (Lanette's Net Search) in that it has to be different basics, which will screw this deck over. With that one extra spot, put in a Rare Candy. This will help you get out your Shiftry even faster, without having to go through Nuzleaf. Also, from the actual text of the card, it says that it can be used on the first turn, which is absolutely amazing as a card.

Energy:
    Good, but I might suggest taking out a Grass for an extra Copycat. Player's decision, tho.

Hope you like it!!! GL, HF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.