Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

energy grounding

Energy Grounding (Lanturn - Power Keepers; Lanturn - Hidden Legends)

Q. If I KO one of my opponent's Pokémon, and he or she does not use "Energy Grounding" Poké-POWER before but instead draws a card to start the turn, at that point can Energy Grounding still be used for the KO'd Pokémon?
A. Once their turn has started, no. They can either move the Energy card before discarding the KO'd Pokémon, or discard the KO'd Pokémon and immediately take the energy card from the discard pile and attach it. (Jul 7, 2005 PUI Rules Team)

Q. When a Pokémon that Cessation Crystal is attached to is Knocked Out, can I move basic Energy cards attached to that Pokémon to Lanturn using its Poké-Power "Energy Grounding"?
A. No, you cannot. The effect of Cessation Crystal goes away at the same time when the KO'd Pokémon gets discarded. At that point, Lanturn cannot retreive any Energy from that Pokémon. (Oct 12, 2006 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If Ho-Oh with "Phoenix Turn" Poke-POWER is KO'd by damage from an attack, but you also have a Lanturn with "Energy Grounding" Poke-POWER in play too, how does this resolve?
A. You would flip for Ho-Oh's "Phoenix Turn" first. If you flip heads, the energy stays attached to Ho-Oh and you cannot do "Energy Grounding" because no energies were discarded. If you flip tails, then you would have the option to use "Energy Grounding" to recover one of the energies from the discarded Ho-Oh. (Apr 3, 2008 PUI Rules Team)​

Back