Energy is Fun (Mod.)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Baboon, Jan 24, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baboon

Baboon New Member

I finally got around to making a new deck, and here it is...

"Energy is Fun" (Mod.)

Pokemon: 19
    4 Treecko (EX3)
    1 Grovyle (EX3)

3 Sceptile (EX1 Rare)
    4 Magnemite (EX3 #61)
    3 Magneton (EX3 Rare)
    2 Roselia
    2 Dunsparce (EX2)

Energy: 19
    11 Grass
    5 Lightning
    3 Boost

Trainers: 22
    3 Master Ball
    3 Juggler
    3 TV Reporter
    3 Elm's Training Method
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Warp Point
    2 Pokemon Nurse
    2 Low Pressure System

I don't really have a great explanation for this deck... Basically, I realized the power of Magneton the other night, and wanted to try using it in a deck... Then, I decided that since Magneton adds damage for all Energy you have instead of just Lightning, I should try another type. So I began looking through my cards for any card that adds Energy quickly, and I saw Roselia. That got me thinking of Grass cards, and I decided to try Sceptile also. :p
    Energy is pretty easy to explain, and Boost should work quite well with this deck, as Magneton doesn't specify Basic Energy, so it's like dropping an additional 30 damage for when I need it (and also can get Sceptile going quickly).
    Last, for the Trainer engine, I decided to go with the straight drawing/searching as opposed to the Copycats/Oak's Research that I'd usually run. It's completely different than the usual engine, but it has its advantages, such as never really needing to worry about losing a card from your hand. For the most part, once it's in the hand, it's not going anywhere with this deck besides being used.

I know, it's kind of a weak explanation for how/why I threw it together, but it's true. ;)

Let me know what you think. :)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  2. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

EX1, EX2, EX3?????

i'll assume that's R/S, SS, and DR

hmmm, well there are a few things that i'd start to change

-3 masterball
    -3 PETM
    -5 lightning

+4 multi (so everyone can use it, then transfer to magneton when needed
    +2 nurse
    +1 Sceptile (holo)
    +3 oracle
    +1 crystal shard

well i was in kind of a hurry, but you get the drift of my idea, if needed i'll elaborate on it later

and change that grovyle back to R/S

Last edited: Jan 24, 2004
  3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Well I can see where you are going, Baboon, and it's a great deck idea. I really like it.
    It needs some tweaks though.

First off, Big Poppa made a good suggestion, but not necessary. Pokemon Nurse can be used on magneton and he'd be able to attack next turn. Just drop a lightning on him, energy trans a grass and bam! So keep the lightning. Ditch three juggler and add three oracle. Juggler goes against the energy theme here. Drop a magnetmite, with all the pokemon searching you have (master ball and dunsparce) you'll find one second turn or maybe first turn easy. Besides, you can rare candy if you find it second. Instead, add another pokemon nurse. Then lose a grass energy (oracle finds them fairly easily) for another grovyle, and change them both to EX1, BigPoppa was right there.

Well, that's my fix. Take it or leave it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.