Energy Shower... Again

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by Broken Lizard, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Lizard

Broken Lizard New Member

I'm hoping that this can be answered at the next rules team meeting. I know an 8-yr.-old boy who plans to use a deck based on this concept at the City Championships in 2 weeks. A judge will need to guess on this ruling, and the impact on the deck would be huge.

When a card is released, it seems reasonable to me that the makers of the card should be able to answer a question about it within a reasonable time. Is a 2-month (or longer) wait really reasonable?

Under the WotC chat system players would at least know that their question was heard and understood. In this case that's not clear at all. It would be most helpful if the rules team meeting notes included questions 'asked and referred to Japan'. At least that way, we'd know the status of the issue.

Previously, WotC was unable to answer questions because 'they don't make the game'. Now that the game is manufactured by Nintendo, this no longer applies. I'm not happy with a company that can not answer basic questions about its own game.

2. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I agree with you that this(and other questions) should be answered in a more reasonable time.With that said,still remember that some of the questions still do have to go back to Japan,just like with WotC,and can still take time to get answered.We do bug them at each rules meeting about this and even prompt them with a prior e-mail at times.The only thing we can do is have patience.We want the answers just as much as anyone else.If you don`t see a question in this forum answered,then that means it`s on the list awaiting an answer.As for a public chat,I also agree that it would be a great idea to have one.Supposedly they are to implement one,but when is anyones guess.Believe me,we push for these and other things for everyone even though you won`t always see it.:)

`Sensei

3. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Finally,we heard back on some.To answer your question,Nope.Ruling below.

`Sensei

Q. Can Flygon use its "Energy Shower" attack to attach energies to the
    legendary birds with Anti-(Lightning/Fire/Water) Powers, since this is
    an attack effect and not a 'normal' energy attachment?
    A. No, Energy Shower does not override the Poke-Body. (Jan 29, 2004 PUI
    Rules Team)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.