Entei ex's odd wording

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Marcello-Milord, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

2nd attack of Entei ex says:

:fire: :fire: :colorless Bright Flame 90
    Discard 2 Energy attached to Entei ex.

What does it actually means?

If I have to discard 2 Energy cards, I'll discard them without problems.
    Maybe I can assume that if I have to discard 2 Energy, I'll discard 2 Energy cards, or 1 Energy cards that provides 2 Energy.
    But what about a situation where a single Energy card provides 2 Energy for an effect of a Poké-Power, for example?

Example:
    Entei ex has attached to it 2 :grass: basic Energy cards, and 1 Fire Energy card.
    Say, there is in play a Neo genesis Meganium, so each :grass: basic Energy card provides 2 :grass: Energy. In play there is also an Expedition Charizard, so all :grass: Energy is now :fire: .
    If I want to use Bright Flame, I have to discard 2 Energy, not Energy cards. So, if I declare that I'm discarding the 2 additional Energy provided by the Meganium Power, I don't have to discard any Energy card from Entei :p

(It's a provocation, obiouvlsy... but it is a confusing wording)

2. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

it means that you can discard a DCE or a Boost in order to pay that cost, that's all.

3. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Meganium would not allow Entei ex to count Grass as doubled. Entei ex would have to be Grass type for that to work.

However, if you could, then yes, discarding one Grass energy card that is providing two grass energy would fill that requirement. It says to discard two energy, not two energy cards.

4. Marcello-Milord

Marcello-Milord New Member

Ya I know... It was a provocation... :)

5. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

double colorless energy works well with this entei. I think this card is not that bad. IMO it's better than latia/os ex.

6. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

Yeah, at least in Unlim.

7. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I'll take Latias ex over entei. 100 dmg is much better than 90 dmg. (Think about how many 100 HP pokes there are.) You actually can't attach Boost or DRE since he is a basic.

8. Ice'Cold

Ice'Cold Active Member

I think bounce energy would be a better example. My question, if you are unable to pay this energy requirement what happens?

9. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

DRE cannot be attached to Entei EX because it is a BASIC and an EX, which DRE cannot be attached to either.

10. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

Ice- Unable to pay Entei's energy requirement? If you can pay for the attack, then you have enough to discard if that's what you mean.