Eon Killer Deck #2: Sceptile TecH

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Tyranitar666, Oct 3, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Ok, deck number two is a much less thought of combonation that I really think could be a main stay in this format for quite some time. I basically converted the deck I was using in MF for fun, being LC Venusaur, and this is what I came up with.

3 Treecko
    3 Grovyle
    3 Sceptile ( Energy Trans )
    2 MP Mewtwo
    1 Moltres ( SKY )
    2 Suicune ( AQ )
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty

4 Rainbow NRG
    14 Grass

4 Oracle
    4 Juggler
    3 Fan Club
    1 Town Volunteer
    4 Pokemon Nurse
    4 Switch
    4 Copycat

This deck is simply evil. Ideally, you want a turn one juggler, discard 2 grass, attach a rainbow to Mewtwo and than u have insane energy presence for when Sceptile evolves and can E Trans it all around. The basic idea is that one Sceptile hits the board you find an appropriate basic to fight whatever they are using based on type. Once that attacker has served its purpose, switch to whatever takes advantage of the new situation best. no matter how damaged your Pokemon is, Pokemon Nurse is broken in this deck. Its a complete clean sweep of damage on one pokemon. This gives the deck not only a huge adapting ability due to the ability to play off of many different types, but gives the deck the best Healing in this format. To top it off, you can late game, E Trans all energy to Delcatty and deal 10 damage for each NRG attached. The longer the battle goes, the better it goes in your favor. As an additional advantage, I am considering Rare Candy to get a 2nd turn Sceptile and allow your speed to increase heavily, but I am unsure of what to drop and wether or not it is practical or worth it.

2. SomethingElse

SomethingElse New Member

don't ya think 20 supporters is a little but too much?

3. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Not really, no! lol. Basically, you just need to make sure that you get a supporter in your opening hand to make sure your game gets off to a good start. After that, Delcatty hits play and it really does not matter what trainers you have for draw. Seeing how there are very few worthwhile trainers in the game now. Almost every good card is a Supporter now. It is a shame that Poke Nurse is a supporter. The only thing I can say is that yes, having everything a supporter DOES suck. Fortunately, every deck is going to have that weakness, and even with it, the deck performs stronger than if it opted NOT to play those cards. Very valid concern and good job bringing it up none the less.

4. DaytonGymLeader

DaytonGymLeader New Member

-2 MP Mewtwo (as it's not allowed in this format anyway)
    +2 Rare Candy

It is a nice deck. I've been toying with the idea myself, but I'm working on some other stuff at the moment. I think the Rare Candies just make it quicker and easier to compete against all the Gardevoirs we're going to see.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  5. psycodad

psycodad New Member

I like this deck with AQ blissy, rainbow and techy big basics. I think you meant mewtwo ex not MP mewtwo

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Too many Supporters, too much tech. Sceptile plus Pelipper plus Basics would cover you, just as an example.

7. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

And YES, I meant Mewtwo EX. Same card effectively guys :p Im gonna have search a hard time not referring to Delcatty as Cleffa -_-

I am also 100% sure there are not too many supporters. No such thing as too much TecH either. Especially not with the Oracle combo with Delcatty, AND Fan Club to search for it. Toss in that Switch easily gets a bad pokemon out of the active position if you start with it, and this deck can handle the large amount of tech included quite well.

Suicunes handle Fire very well, for only one Rainbow. Moltres is included for both any Grass threats, and for Metal pokemon, mainly Scizor or that new Steelix. The threat of losing my Rainbow NRG is now minimized due to Energy Absorption being legal again :)

And Dayton- I am still torn on Rare Candy for one reason. How often can you pull it off quick enough to where a 2nd turn Sceptile is needed? Youd need to pull off a turn one Juggler to get NRG discarded, have Mewtwo active, E Absorb, next turn Rare Candy AND play a Switch for it to really matter. Otherwise it can wait until turn 3. SO im beginning to doubt the necessity of Rare Candy, ESPECIALLY without GOW cards. Im still open on the idea though, but I need good reasons first.

8. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I've played that Venusaur one myself... here's what I think you should do with the deck.

-4 oracle
    -1 fan club
    -2 skitty
    -2 delcatty
    -2 MP Mewtwo
    -2 Switch
    -2 Grass Energy

Giving you 15 free spots.

What I'd do is.. add in

1 Mewtwo EX (Energy asorbtion like you wanted)
    1 Zapdos (AQ or SK which ever it is)
    1 Raikou(AQ or SK which ever it is)
    1 Entei (AQ or SK which ever it is)
    1 Grovyle
    1 Treecko
    2 Warp point
    2 Multi Energy (VERY GOOD in this. Especially with Entei/Suicune/Raikou. They use one of the specific type.. this will work nicely)
    2 Desert Shaman (drawing/slight hand control)
    1 Sceptile (Lizard Poison, very easy to get 4 on it to do the massive stuff)
    2 Potion/Hyper potion which ever you feel is better.

I think that will work better.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2003
  9. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

I meant to play Mewtwo EX not MP Mewtwo anyways. I typoed -_-

First off, the Delcatty Oracle line is IMO a staple draw line in the format. Without Elm, you would be short and this fills up the gap. Plus it lets you double search for any 2 cards into your hand basically, allowing you to take full advantage of all the TecH. It was what made the Venusaur list run so well ( With Bill over Delcatty )

As for some of your suggestions I like a few. I really like Lizard Posion Sceptile, and I would love to fit one in. I may add one. Its attacks are just beautiful. Multi Energy is also very, very tempting and to be truthful, Ill test them out and see if they work as well as I think they may.

Now, Warp Point I just do not like. I MAY drop ONE switch for ONE Warp just for isolated incidents since I can Oracle for it, but that may be it.

Overall, people need to realize just how broken Delcatty is in ALL decks. It allows you to run Oracle to not only up the draw power in this format, but it ALSO gives you search power the likes of which we havent seen anywhere but Unlimited.

10. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

I understand the Delcatty/Oracle combo, it's good. I still think there's a decent supply of draw (for my style at least)

11. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

There is still plenty of draw, BUT, if I were to drop the draw, Delcatty Oracle would be the last to be cut for a few reasons. First, it gets you ANY CARDS YOU WANT when combined together. At worst, Oracle is rigging your topdecks for 2 turns. At worst, Delcatty is a free 3 cards that ARENT using up your Supporter for the turn, which is huge. Thats a beautiful thing.

Now I have an issue here. This deck does not work very well against Gardevoir EX IMO. And seeing how Gardevoir EX is an utterly broken deck, I need to change this. This deck can compete vs any other deck otherwise. I am considering running Wobbuffett as a counter to Gardevoir EX. What do you guys think? I need something extra, otherwise I have no natural advantage of Gardevoir. The deck still can beat it, but its an uphill battle. Lizard Poison Sceptile may be helpful. Using its status attack may be a strong counter. Hit with that than a Mewtwo EX. So I guess when I think about it, as long as I can get a bit of set up damage on Gardevoir EX, mewtwo can handle it.

12. FlipsAreCool

FlipsAreCool New Member

There really are only a few tier 1 decks out there right now.

Scizor
    Gardevoir
    Blaziken (Still not sold on this)
    Kabutops EX
    and of course Sceptile...

Check out this version here.
    Solves some of your problems, ment for RS-on though. I would revise it as this.....

Sceptile + Mad TecHage
    Pokemon 24
    4 Treekco
    4 Grovyle
    4 Sceptile (3 E-Trans - 1 Lizard Poison)
    2 Wobbfet
    2 Mewtwo EX
    2 Magmar EX
    2 Skitty
    2 (Dude your getting a)Delcatty
    2 Suicune (AQ)

Trainers 23
    4 Oracle
    4 Copycat
    4 Nurse
    4 Switch
    3 Birch / 3 Grass
    3 Fan Club
    1 TV

Energy 12
    4 Rainbow NRG
    3 Multi NRG
    6 Grass NRG

Poke-Neo needs to get running again soon, I don't think I can take all this searching to get to the (what little there is) meat for much longer...

Flipping Out
    --FlipsAreCool:lol:

BTW you prob don't remember me but Steph and the guys introduced you to me when you came for a visit to NC.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2003
  13. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

No...I dont remember you...where did I meet you at? I prolly will remember you.

And I do not think Scizor is very viable anymore AT ALL. It cannot touch Fire, Sceptile TecH, OR Godevoir. And yes, NEO will be up either on the same site or as a branch off my other webpage.

14. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I am concerned about running MagmarEX and - to a lesser extent MewtwoEX because it can get them back - because they require two of their specific energy. This means that you have to use Rainbow energy only, Multi won't do.

I play my Sceptile (also 3+1) deck with Wynaut (no brainer), Wobbuffet, AQ Suicune (because fire really is the main problem) and the Solrock/Lunatone combo. This lets me be all possible colors except electric which I don't need because Sceptile has resistance and also a pretty good spread in weakness. I can then play 4 Rainbow and 4 Multi because either one is enough on any of my Pokemon. Solrock and Lunatone gives me great draw power for a colorless.

15. FlipsAreCool

FlipsAreCool New Member

You came to one of our cool beans Unlimited format tournaments you were playing with those funky promo snorlax sleeves, (might have been modified but I think it was unlimited) and how can you NOT say that Scizor is viabe Fire gets Owned by TopsEX which will make sure that Blaziken doesn't see much play, and if you want to there are three options for scizor decks that beat fire - ScizorFurret-Auzumarril/TopsEX/Weakness Guard, Gardevoir is the tough match but with Wobbfet TecH (easy with the rainbow) you only have to take out the Ru/Sa ones (other wobbefets Scizor can take)

MozartRules - Magmar EX is a tough choice indeed, I think thats why Fulop(T-tar) wanted to play Sky Moltres but with Oracle + Delcatty Rainbows will be pretty easy to find, Solrock + Lunatone don't do enough damage to make them worth while.

Flipping Out
    --FlipsAreCool:lol:

16. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Scizor MAY be viable, BUT look at it this way. You only have 80 HP. Damage is MUCH higher now. Kabutops EX doesnt really dominate Blaziken because the great equalizer, Ninetales, snags 2 prizes off of it. Especially when you cant focus on it. You also take alot of turns to power it, and unlike most decks in the format now, you don't end up abusing energy attachments ( Gardevoir, Sceptile AND Blaziken all do that ) so if Scizor goes down you lose,a nd almost every game now he should drop eventually. I am just not so sure he is the top pick anymore for high damage...especially with HP getting HUGE now adays. It doesnt beat Gardevoir, it doesnt beat Blaziken, and it doesnt beat Sceptile TecH. A card needs to be able to combat the top cards in the game in order to be effective. SURE, you say to combo it with other cards, but most decks have combos to them that once they get set up they win. Scizor needs to be powered manually, as do all the cards you mentioned to combo it with. This means once one goes down you need to start over, where as most great decks now don;t.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.