Epyon's Espeon/DarkGengar Deck...

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by GuardianTIM, Sep 20, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Here's a Psychic deck that a friend of mine uses, and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions or comments...
    Also, this is for Unlimited tournaments, as you'll probably notice.

POKEMON

2x Girafarig (Neo Genesis)
    2x Eevee (Promo)
    2x Eevee (Neo Discovery)
    2x Dark Espeon (Neo Destiny)
    2x Espeon (E-Aquopolis)
    1x Gastly (E-Expedition)
    2x Gastly (Neo Destiny)
    3x Dark Haunter (Neo Destiny)
    2x Dark Gengar (Neo Destiny)

TRAINERS

1x Mystery Zone (E-Skyridge)
    1x Rocket's Hideout (Neo Revelation)
    3x Psychic Cube 01 (E-Aquopolis)
    2x Heal Powder (Neo Destiny)
    2x Professor Oak's Research (E-Expedition)
    2x Fisherman (E-Skyridge)
    2x Underground Epedition (E-Skyridge)
    3x Professor Elm's Training Method (E-Expedition)
    4x Moo-Moo Milk (Neo Genesis)
    4x Double Gust (Neo Genesis)

ENERGY

18x Psychic Energy

Your feedback is welcome...

2. Captain Obviousx1

Captain Obviousx1 New Member

Play The Boss's Way, since you have so many Pokes with Dark in their name. Two evolution lines doesn't look so good though, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which one to keep...I'm not familiar with most of the new cards. ^_^

3. dkates

dkates New Member

Dark Gengar is fun, but why not add in Revelation Misdreavus? It's risky, because of Switch, but if you pull it off, Dark Gengar seriously helps the Night Eyes/Perish Song combo.

4. HYPER EEVEE

HYPER EEVEE Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

WHY WHY ARE YOU USING
    2x Dark Espeon (Neo Destiny)
    2x Espeon (E-Aquopolis)
    WHY NOT JUST USE DISCOVERY
    OR SANDSTORM ESPY

5. ShadowCacnea

ShadowCacnea New Member

Maybe cause he, unlike most people, realizes that dark espy is actually a good card? Although the aquas could be swapped for sandstorm's version.

6. HYPER EEVEE

Are you kidding me its not very good because it cant do the big damage it siblings can

7. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Um, what exactly does the Sandstorm Espeon do? As Sandstorm hasn't even been released here in Australia, we've never even seen it.

8. dkates

dkates New Member

Its signature attack is Energy Crush. For 3 Colorless, it does 20 + 10 times the number of Energy cards attached to all of your opponent's Pokemon. It has 80 HP and a 1 Retreat cost.

9. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

Okay, my friend (Epyon) says that the reason why he uses the Dark Espeon and the E-series Espeon is that he brings out the Dark Espeon first and uses it's Psysplash attack. This way, he hits all of the opponents pokemon with energy cards attached to them, then once they've got damage on them, he hits them with the E-series Espeon, to finish them off. But since the Dark Espeon has already been hitting the bench as well, They'll already have damage on them when they bring up their next pokemon, making it much easier for Aq Espeon to finish them off. And if any tougher pokemon come up, we've got Girafarig to either prevent them from hitting him (agility) or its second attack which does confusion. Failing that, the most irritable card there is - Dark Gengar with it's PullIn and it's pokemon power that reduces the chance to wake up from Sleep from 50% to 25%.
    That's what he says.

Actually, I can see your point about the Sandstorm Espeon, but personally, I'd keep Dark Espy, and I'd replace the Aq Espy with the Sandstorm one, if I really felt the need to change it.

Also, he's going to test out the Boss' Way, and the Misdreavus, and let me know how it goes. Thankyou all!

10. HYPER EEVEE

Sorry just asking what does mystery zone do?

11. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

With Mystery Zone, you get one of the Evolution cards from your hand, Search your deck for a Basic Energy card, then swap the two over (shuffle afterwards).
    In effect, you switch the two cards over - quite useful in 3-stage decks where you're not getting the energy. I'm not sure of the exact wording, but that's pretty much the effect of it.
    I've heard it works really well with the Sandstorm Eevee.

12. ranmasaotomes

ranmasaotomes New Member

Seems alright to me. With a few tweaks it would be unstoppable. Maybe a 2 on 2 battle with a Sabrinas Alakazam deck might be interesting ;-P

13. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

LOL. Okay, Ranma. :) (It's okay, I know him from outside PokeGym.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.