Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

European CUP global info, announcement.

Snox

The time has come. Finaly there will be a huge Pokémon event, that could show that Europe is allied and strong. During the magical weekend 9.10.-10.10.2010 will be held an unique event called

PRAGUE POKEMON CUP

What is planned?

* Unique modified event that could hold hundreds of players
* Special sponsorship prices (hundreds of EUR), 16-K value
* Comfortable accomodation with unbeatable prices in the same building as Event
* Low entrance fee 5 EUR, special welcome kit for everybody
* Lot of Side events
* Introduction of Czech leagues and cities in which are held
* Lot of other programs, like famous czech VIP persons, beat the local Pro and lot more

Feel free to look for more at: www.pokeworld.eu/european-cup. It shows detailed program of the event.

Hotel Prereservations until 31.8.2010
Please use the form for reservations in the hotel (see the event pages www.pokeworld.eu/european-cup). This is the only way how to have clear overview of how many people would come. And also this is the only way how to get special price for the accomodation (40 EUR / doubleroom / night, with breakfast, in 4 star hotel near metro) and more benefits during the stay. So please if you consider going, make reservation untill 31.8.2010. You can order catering lunch, parking and travel help as well.

Lets show that we are united and that our tournament deserves big support ;-). We need you to help us! Lets meet each other and have fun. Lets think BIG.

Thanks you all.

Tomas alias Snox

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. Just booked my flight the Prague, now I just have to get my printer to start working so I can get the form done...

Great news! How many players from UK do you expect at this event? Honoured to meet UK PRO players! See ya...

Great (or not so great, depending on your point of view) thing about a K32 event this early is the fact that a good player can gain a large chunk of points because every win will be worth a lot of points considering that everyone starts at the same rating.

Winning this tournament would be a big step towards getting that ranking-based invite (if such invites are awared next season).

H\I just have tp pass this thing because it's like a 12 hour train drive and then I am broken if I arive
And then there arent'enough painkillers to make me happy
Good Luck and hope this will not become the disaster of the sentury

Great (or not so great, depending on your point of view) thing about a K32 event this early is the fact that a good player can gain a large chunk of points because every win will be worth a lot of points considering that everyone starts at the same rating.

Winning this tournament would be a big step towards getting that ranking-based invite (if such invites are awared next season).

Winning any big K32 tournament is a huge step. This one isn't any different, other than as it is early season it is possible to make a much better estimate of the potential gain for going 10-0 or 11-1: approximately +160 points.

Notice that if attendance is big enough it actually doesn't matter if there is a TPCi awarded rating invite. A big K32 event can be expected to allocate rating invites all on its own. This isn't a feature of early season tournaments alone it is true for late season tournaments too. In Europe going 10-0 at a K32 event will more that likely get you an EU rating invite from that one tournament alone.

Notice that if attendance is big enough it actually doesn't matter if there is a TPCi awarded rating invite. A big K32 event can be expected to allocate rating invites all on its own. This isn't a feature of early season tournaments alone it is true for late season tournaments too.

This statement only holds true in places where there aren't a lot of high K-value tournaments. The winner of St. Louis Regionals MA did not earn a Worlds invite this year. He barely made T100 NA. Not that his rating was bad (1809), but just not enough to make it this year.

You'll get a ranking invite at ~1750 in Europe, bullados.

Snox, how many reservations are made for this cup already?

Hi all,

I phoned to the hotel this morning and it seems only Italians made reservations...15 rooms altogether. I heard about a lot of people comming, but only few reservations were made. Probably they found another accomodation or I don't know.

Nevermind guys I will try my best after knowing the final number of reservations to discuss the possibility to run it in the hotel DUO anyway and if it fails I will confirm my reservation in another venue, where the manager is waiting for the respond until 1.9.2010. You can than even change the accomodation for the new location, because it is also a 3 star hotel. It would be even better because it is not that close to hotel DUO (about 30 minutes with public transport). The new location can hold up to 200 players, that would be sufficient for us. I will use a small meeting room for the league presentation as well, so the program would be the same ;-).

Anyway it would be better to manage it in hotel DUO, because of slightly better transport connection and better services for guests and us (and the pool :-D). But we will see...

Thanks for support and I will keep you informed...

Tomas

Aww, too bad.

Please tell us the address of the new venue as soon as possible and we'll change our reservation. Is still needed a minimum number of guests (hope not, because we just saw that won't work)? Are there going to be special prices as well?

Spyrevenge: I don't want to make any confusions, so I will give you the exact address on the date of confirmation 1.9.2010. Untill that date I will be fighting for DUO ;-). Now I am preparing massive last chance offer propagation in the smaller cities in Czech republic, so we might get some guests from these places. Give it a chance.

In the new possible venue, there is no minimal number of guests. I know the owner and manager, so there will be no problems. We will discuss some similar offer or a bit less ;-). This hotel is in more quiet place with more familiar atmosphere with rooms for up to 100 guests. I think you will like it as well as DUO ;-)...

Cheers

Tomas

You'll get a ranking invite at ~1750 in Europe, bullados.
Actually, it was a little more. And if they keep the system of this season, expect the cut to be a lot higher. With an effortable Worlds location, more players will care about their rating.

I phoned to the hotel this morning and it seems only Italians made reservations...15 rooms altogether. I heard about a lot of people comming, but only few reservations were made. Probably they found another accomodation or I don't know.
I think most people will wait until short before the deadline to make reservations.

I was one of the Italians that booked! LOL!

Anyway, it's possible to stay at the DUO even if the location will change?
Is it easy to reach from the hotel?

I was one of the Italians that booked! LOL!

Anyway, it's possible to stay at the DUO even if the location will change?
Is it easy to reach from the hotel?

Yes...and it is not that far away...even the same part of the city. But I still recomend taking a GPS for those going by car. For others I could create a description of how to get there from DUO. Taking metro and bus - thats all ;-) - but I will describe better after 1.9. ;-)

Easy don't worry ;-)

Tomas

Deadline is comming closer, if you consider going make your reservation in time = until 31.8.2010. Thanks for understanding that. Anyway you could cancel it anytime ;-)...

I will call to the hotel during tomorrow afternoon, so I will let you know how is it going guys...

Snox

Last chance reminder ;-). We have around 60 people and around 150 comming in total. If you know about anybody considering going, just tell them this is the very last time to register. From tomorrow the rooms will be offered to public and sold with much higher prices quite quickly...I am keeping the rooms booked untill the midnight ;-).

Tomas

Last edited:
Back