Evil Um-Geller

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Dunjohn, Nov 14, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

...Otherwise known as Dark Alakazam.

I was just reading a tabloid earlier today, and Uri Geller - he of the bending spoons - had a piece on the astrology page. It reminded me; didn't he have some beef with Alakazam a while back?

As I remember it, he pointed out that Alakazam was clearly based on him, what with the psychic powers, the spoons, and the name in Japanese, Um-Geller. He didn't mind that too much, but he did take offence when the Team Rocket expansion was released, which included an evil version of the critter. Apparently, there was a lawsuit threatened.

I never did find out what happened with all that. Does anyone know?

2. Joe Monkey

Joe Monkey New Member

Please, Alakazam is a 1,000 times more psychic than he. And a lawsuit, the guys just has a big ego.

Alakazam:" I'm going to have to agree"

3. Dunjohn

Dunjohn New Member

:D Don't insult Alakazam; 1,000 times 0 is still 0. I don't believe anything on the astrology page, but these guys just feel so good about themselves that it's a good laugh to read. So nothing came of this? I know Dark Alakazam still saw print in English...

4. Postdog2Gengar

Postdog2Gengar New Member

Wasn't there some lawsuit over basing Sabrina on someone, too, or is this the same thing, and I am confused?

5. Orange Soda

Orange Soda New Member

The way I remember it, it wasn't Alakazam, it was Kadabra. And it had something to do with the Pokedex in Japan saying something about eating babies/babies minds.

But I'm working off really old knowledge.

6. SailorClef

SailorClef New Member

that sounds more like drowzee of hypno oo;

but i do think that it was KADABRA and not alakazam that the lawsuit was about..