Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Evolution Disaster Modified Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to create the ultimate deck for the City Champs next February so I'm trying to perfect this one, hope everyone likes it. If not, you know the drill.

Energies - 23
7 Fighting
7 Grass
3 Metal R/S
3 Rainbow R/S
3 Multi

Trainers - 11
3 Mysterious Fossil
2 Root Fossil
2 Rare Candy
3 Potion
1 Mystery Plate Y

Pokemon - 26
1 Onix Sand
2 Onix Aqua
2 Steelix Sand
2 Buried Fossil
2 Kabuto Sand
1 Kabutops EX
1 Kabutops Sky (E-70 the Fighting one)
3 Omanyte Sand
3 Omastar Sand
2 Seedot I-02 Sand
1 Seedot I-03 Sand
1 Nuzleaf I-35 Sand
1 Nuzleaf I-36 Sand
2 Shiftry I-67 Sand
2 Lileep I-40 Sand

Main Plan:
Force the opponent to evolve with Bench Destroyers Steelix and Shiftry and overdamage their previous forms. Use Lileep, Omastar, and Mystery Plate to devolve those Pokemon. Theoretically, it could sweep all 6 prizes in one attack.

Backup Plan:
Pull Down with Omastar, then use Kabutops's Primal Aura to lock all future evolutions. Then use heavy Hitters Kabutops, Kabutops EX, and Onix Aqua to devastate the Active Pokemon.

Uses of Trainers:
They're mainly all Bench warming cards, but the Rare Candy can pull up to a Stage 2 in one turn instead of two. I can also use Mystery Plate's first effect to get a new hand.

I've tested this deck out against the Caravan theme deck, and I left my opponent with 4 unclaimed prizes at the end.

What's the verdict dudes and dudettes?

wow, that's a lot of pokemon, though i guess i'm not one to comment, lol. i do agree that you need some sort of trainer draw. draw one, play one isn't a good rule unless you're playing fluxx (and even then it could be better, lol) so try and fit some sort of draw in there at least.

mystery plate requires you to attack (if i'm thinking of the right thing), and you might need to attack the same turn you need to get other cards, which causes a problem. so it's always good to have cards that can draw for you and not mess up the rest of what you're doing.

That's a great strategy you have. I'd use a Cacnea-Cacturne line instead of the Shiftry line. More faster and you'd save a Rare Candy use.

Thanks to my battle with Penguin Master, I'm thinking of replacing my Multi Energies with Boost Energies.

What do you think of it with that replacement?

Energies - 19
5 Fighting
5 Water
4 Metal R/S
3 Rainbow R/S
2 Boost

Trainers - 21
2 Elms Training Method
2 Switch
1 Towns Volunteers
3 Bills Mantenince
3 Copycat
4 Mysterious Fossill
3 Potion
3 Mystery Plate Y

Pokemon - 20
1 Onix Sand
2 Onix Aqua
2 Steelix Sand
1 Steelix AQ
2 Kabuto Sand
1 Kabutops EX
1 Kabutops Sky (E-70 the Fighting one)
3 Omanyte Sand
3 Omastar Sand
2 Cacnea (Poison Payback)
2 Cacturn

Changed it up, dropped an entire line, work on getting the Cacturn you need, it frees up so much room alone. Multi wasnt doing much good, Stellix cant use it anyways. 2 Boost will help for a suprise 1 shot attack. The rest is self explanitory I think. AQ Steelix is a good starter, turn 2 bench hitter while you power another Steelix for big bench damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back