EX Dragon Commercial mistake

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Cooltrainer Aaron, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooltrainer Aaron

Cooltrainer Aaron New Member

Oops, they really screwed up on this one.

When they were animating the EX Dragon commercial, they added a Magmar EX from RandS, right when they say "With powerful dragon attacks". Last time I checked, Magmar wasn't a dragon and isn't in this set.

Check out the glitch at:

http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/p_funstuff/funstuff.jsp?cppProfile=iMIy9p8Y3sU!&cppChecked=1

If this link doesn't work, look in the funstuff section.

2. nikePK

nikePK New Member

lol, i noticed that too

I was like "Isn't htat Magmar? Well... maybe its Magcargo ex.... wait, not its not"

Heh, nifty. Oh well, its cool they included past sets in there.

3. Cooltrainer Aaron

sorry, nikePK, I don't agree. They were supposed to be showing off the new set, not the old one. They should have had all new cards.

4. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Look carefully when the camera starts to pan upwards. See the psychic colorled card? I bet ou anything that's Mewtwo ex.
    -Phil

5. Cooltrainer Aaron

I saw that psychic card too, its either that or Gardevoir EX. Its odd, why would they make such big mistakes?

6. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Most involved with Pokemon do not know a thing about it... one of the employees that worked with Pojo to advertise for Sandstorm, Dragon, etc. never played the TCG, Gameboy games, or even seen the show on television.
    -Phil

7. Cooltrainer Aaron

pfft, that's just plain dumb

8. DarkTyranitar

DarkTyranitar New Member

Getting kind of nit-picky here???

Ya know, guys,

I think you all are really getting nit-picky here.

Most out there more than likely didn't even pick up on that oversight. If I remember correctly, the card very briefly flashed across the screen. Also many folks' knowledge on which Pokemon cards are included with what series is not as extensive are your own.

Heck, I saw that commercial 3 or 4 times and didn't pick up on that oversight.

I am just very, VERY HAPPY that Nintendo has decided to invest some bucks into creating and showing the commercial. (When's the last time you all saw a commercial for Pokemon cards on TV?)

- Tony

9. Cooltrainer Aaron

Ruby and Sapphire, they created 3 different versions of the same commercial. Unfortunately they stuck to internet advertising for Sandstorm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.