EX Dragon Pre-Release in Rockville,Md. 11/23

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sensei, Nov 1, 2003.

1. Sensei

Sensei Team Compendium Emeritus Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

OK all you Pokemaniacs in the DC/MD/Va area and everyone who always travels up(down) here,who all is coming?

If you want the game to continue(this goes for everyone),we have to keep on attending these events,even if they don`t offer huge prizes like trips and stuff(which will be coming later as long as the attendance for these events shows it`s worth it...).

So Brian,Sean,Luke,Mike,Eric,and everyone else,you coming? :clap:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2003
  2. RainbowRichards

RainbowRichards Active Member

Oh, yeah, we're definitely there! (can't you tell from my sig!?)

BTW, contrary to info posted both in the newsletter from Dreamwizards and at their web site, I presume we'll again be constructing 40-card decks (the aforementioned sources stated 60-card decks)??

3. TheCrossFormatKid

TheCrossFormatKid New Member

Hopefully i'll be able to make it up there for the pre-release.

4. Jim Ferrell

Jim Ferrell New Member

I ALMOST made it to this one. I wanted to come pretty badly, but couldn't get time off from work. I'll just enjoy myself in Charlotte the week before.

Woulda been nice to see SOME of you people there again. Have fun guys!!

~Gymbo

5. RainbowRichards

Mike (Sensei) - can you talk to Laurel and see if she can/will submit the Prerelease as a Sanctioned event!?!?! It is possible, and it would be cool for the participants to get points for their participation!

6. Sensei

Gee,I feel like I`m back in the army...volunteered for everything...:p j/k

Actually,I did call her last week but she was out for several days.Guess I`ll have to give another call.I`ll let you know what I find out.

`Sensei

7. SHPanda

SHPanda New Member

I will be there Definitly. *crosses finger and prays for good packs* lol

8. Sensei

Just talked to Laurel at Dream Wizards and she said that the event will be sanctioned.Please have your player #(if you have one) with you so that you get your points credited to your number.

Oh,and just as a precaution,I verified the time and date that was listed is correct.It will be on Sunday,Nov. 23rd and registration is from 11am-11:30am.Be prompt!

`Sensei

p.s.Don`t forget to have your player #!

9. TheCrossFormatKid

Is our player number the same as our professor number?

10. Darkmasterchris

Darkmasterchris New Member

Cool ill be at the tourny

11. RainbowRichards

Having tinkered with the TO features and functions, and (several days ago, now) using my boys' newly-assigned IDs to log in (using the TO login screen/fields) and print Player ID cards, I have just now discovered two things:

1. The option to log in as a player and edit your profile, or print an ID, is no longer working (instead, a message comes up to indicate they're working on this).

2. There are necessary features lacking for players to obtain an ID. The only way a player can get one issued is for a TO to do so.

I have a range of available Player IDs and will have them available on the 23rd in Rockville (just in case there aren't any available on site, as I expect there will be ;)). I also have some pre-printed Player ID blanks (in color!) which I will also bring.

12. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

oh so many numbers. is it the professor number?
    What if we don't have a player number?

13. Sensei

Your "Player #" is your number you are assigned when you enter your first PUI sanctioned tournament(think DCI).It is the # that you will always use when entering tournaments just as you did with your DCI #.If you haven`t entered a PUI sanctioned tournament,then you won`t have one.If you have,then be sure to know what it is so your ranking gets credited.

`Sensei

14. RainbowRichards

2 random thoughts:

1. Will boosters of the new expansion be available for sale on the day of the Prerelease like last time???

2. I see the post on the UK Prerelease thread that they have "negotiated" a reduced "family" price for 3 or more players attending from one family - that sure would be great if we could get the same "deal" (since we four Richards go together!!)!!

15. Sensei

1)If they sold some last time then I don`t see why not this time.We can find out when we go or give them a call.

2)I highly doubt it but you can always try...;)

`Sensei

16. Sensei

Just outta curiosity,is anyone coming from out of the DC/MD/VA area?

17. RainbowRichards

You mean, of course, anyone other than you and my crew? :)

18. Sensei

"Out of state" is the term I wanted to use but since the area consists of DC and two states,I worded it differently.

So,is anyone from say North carolina,Pennsylvania,etc. coming?

19. RainbowRichards

All us Richards clan are ready and raring to go to tomorrow's prerelease!!!!

20. TheCrossFormatKid

Mike is gonna be bringing me there, see you all toamrrow!