Ex-dragon Pre-release Nov.23 Exton Pa

Discussion in 'Archive' started by professorbix, Oct 8, 2003.

1. professorbix

professorbix New Member

there will be an ex-dragon pre-release tournament on sunday nov. 23 at the in at chester springs on rt 100 in exton pa.

2. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. Thank you for making the tournament in Exton again. I had to drive 2 hours to the Sandstorm Prerelease in NJ, but I did win it, along with my bro, so the drive was worth it. Now it's only a 15 minute drive! Can you post more info as you get it? I need to plan that weekend before my family plans something... Thanks!!

3. professorbix

professorbix New Member

most likely play will start at 10:00 a.m., cost is $15.00. with that you will get 6 ex dragon packs also an ex dragon promo card. i will post more details as i get them, thanx for your interest.

4. GOROY

GOROY New Member

Yes! I missed the ruby and sapphire tourney and the sandstorm one, hopefully I can come to this one!
    :)

5. professorbix

professorbix New Member

update for exton pa dragon pre-release

Dragon Prerelease- Sunday, November 23, 2003
    Date: Sunday, November 23, 2003.
    Registration will start at 9am, with play to start at 10:00am

Location - The Inn at Chester Springs, 815 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton, Pa. Hotel phone: 610 363-1100
    From Pennsylvania Turnpike: Take PA Turnpike (old Exit 23), PA-100 South, (Look for signs for Inn at Chester Springs) Rt 100 is also called Pottstown Pike,, go South ( 1.6 miles) after the second light stay right (you will pass the Inn at Chester Springs on your left across a divided highway) so that at the third light you can follow the 'All Turns' to get onto Rt 100 North
    From Delaware: Take US-202 North, to the PA-100 North/Exton (US-30 West) exit, North on 100 for 6.4 miles, Inn is on your right

Rules updates will be posted on the pokemon-tcg.com website

Format: Sealed Deck. Each player will receive 6 sealed boosters of Pokemon-e TCG: EX Dragon. Players will construct a 40 card playing deck using the cards received in the boosters. Basic energy cards will be provided by the Organizer.

Cost to enter: $15

Number of rounds: There will be at least four rounds of sealed deck competition. This is not single elimination. First round pairings are random. After this pairings are based on the players score (winners paired against winners etc.).

Prizes:

At the end of the tournament, Players receive 3 points for each win, 1 point for each draw. Prizes will be awarded to the top players in each age category (15+, 11-14, and 10 & under)

Q: Who is eligible to play?

A: Players of all ages are encouraged to play.The event will be run as a Swiss event modified by age so that players play opponents their own age.

Side events: There will be constructed deck side events and booster drafts using the new cards. Link cables will be available for Combined Sealed Deck/Game Boy Advance side events?

Questions?? email doriananders@comcast.net

© 2003 Pokémon. © 1995-2003 Nintendo/Creatures Inc
    GAME FREAK inc. TM & ® Nintendo.

6. Baboon

Baboon New Member

:) I may just come to this one. I was at the SBZ2 in Exton in May, and I didn't like how it was run, but this is obviously different, as it won't be at the WotC store.

Are you running it, professorbix? If so, there's a much greater chance I'll come. I remember you from May. I had the Skyridge Machamp deck in Round 3. :)
    I may not be able to come, but as long as it isn't run by that guy at the WotC store, that's a plus. ;)

7. Silver Chaos

Silver Chaos New Member

Lol, it he's most likely he will be helping like last time. Better bring some sugar. Your gonna need all the energy you can get, running from table to table and all. I wanna get the promo!.....

~Scizor Master~

8. professorbix

professorbix New Member

i will most likely be head judge for the event. i hope you can make it to the event baboon. this event will NOT be run like the one at the WoTC store. the organizer for this event is experianced in this type of tournament having run the gym/stadium challenges of a year or so ago.

9. Baboon

Baboon New Member

Ok, I'll write the date down and try to get my parents to let me come. Maybe I'll tell them to count it as a birthday present, even though it would be uh, 24 days before my birthday ;-p

I've never played like this before, as I always played Constructed, but I'm sure it'll be fun.

Also, for the side things with Constructed, would they be organized, or rather just free play?

Finally, any specifics on Prizes? (Not like it matters, the Prizes wouldn't be the main reason for me coming. :))

10. professorbix

professorbix New Member

side events will be organized. i will try to get a breakdown of the prizes posted.

11. DarkTyranitar

DarkTyranitar New Member

That's Great to hear!

I and my two sons will be there.

- Tony W.

12. Scyther_trainer

Scyther_trainer New Member

Me and my Crew will be there! I can't wait for this set.

:D