EX Dragon Prereleases in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PTE_Karl, Sep 25, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. PTE_Karl

PTE_Karl New Member

Hello fellow Professors and Trainers,

This is just a short update on events for the Nevada/Southern California area. We will be having EX Dragon Prereleases in Los Angeles (rah...rah...rah-rah-rah, as promised to those who had to travel so far last time), San Diego, and Las Vegas. The LA event will be on Sunday, 16 Nov. 2003; both of the other events will be on 22 Nov. 2003. All other event details are still being finalized (site location, start time, HJ and volunteers, ...). As things are completed, I'll post here. As always, the latest info will also be on our website at www.ptegames.com.

However, some things I can reveal--all of these prereleases will have the same format as Sandstorm, additionally, they will also have the same fun, all the same cool players with all their friends (hint, hint ;) ), neat GameCube action on the TV, lots of product prizes, ... you get the idea. If you attended either of the Sandstorm events, you understand! And if you didn't attend, we invite to join us at one (or more) of the EX Dragon Prereleases in the Nevada/Southern Cal. area.

That's all for now--everyone have a good week.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  2. GreatFox

GreatFox New Member

Yay... finally one in LA! I'll finally be able attend! :clap:

PS: If need be, as a Professor, I'd be willing to help out.

3. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

I like to have a copy of that by email, just the promise from PUI that you can have a pre-release on that date.

I have already a tournament place booked,but because for Europe OP is not yet on the move i want to try to get that same pre-release at the same date.

So please help me and send all the details about who and what to do such an event.

4. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Wow, San Diego and LA. I'll probably go to both of them!

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

As far as I know the prereleases are not available for overseas yet. Most the information that the TO's get are not for public viewing so you would have to contact PUI in order to get that information.

6. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

farbs... nothing is available for overseas yet.

The Sandstorm collectors list gives four OP opportunties. Not a single one of them is available outside the USA. :(

Oh and this is the INTERNATIONAL version of the Sandstorm collectors list. It is marked as not for sale in USA or Japan.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2003
  7. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Yay, Karl! Truly done. Thanks for the L.A. event and advance notice, too.

8. Pokekid

Pokekid New Member

Hey how did u know there is gonna be a pre-realease in L.A.?

9. Water Pokemon Master

PT&E1, are you going to schedule the tournaments to last longer? Last time it lasted only until 8 and we barely finished the tourny and didn't get to do all of the side events. The one in LaGrange says they will play until midnight if they have to, and that is probably how long it will last if there are side events. That is my suggestion.

10. Skywolf1

Skywolf1 New Member

This is truly terrific news Karl. This will again, give me a chance to play in one event (the LA event) and judge in another.

As always, you have my services for HJ for the Las Vegas, NV event.

Truly good news.

Take Care,

Skywolf1

11. cattdreams

cattdreams New Member

kind of bad timing, having the la pre-release at the same time as the pokemon rocks tour thingie in san diego....

12. Water Pokemon Master

Actually, PT&E1 said he moved the date back to Sunday, so it does not go on at the same time. Many people don't know that, so I hope someone makes an official announcement on Pokemon.com.

13. PTE_Karl

PTE_Karl New Member

Pokemon Rocks America + LA Prerelease

As rumored, the LA Dragon Prerelease has indeed been moved to Sunday, 16 Nov. 2003. This occurred for many reasons, some of which are (1) we didn't want to compete with Pokemon Rocks America for attendees--players should have the option to attend both without having to sacrifice, (2) we will be able to use the Saturday event in San Diego to advertise and push the next day LA Prerelease and the next weekend SD Prerelease, (3) PT&E is running and staffing both events--we are manning the TCG booth at Pokemon Rocks America, and (4) we want to have fun doing both events!

The site for the LA Dragon Prerelease is the Best Western Newport Mesa Inn, 2642 Newport Boulevard, Costa Mesa, CA, in the Oasis meeting rooms. Registration will start at 10am; the main tournament will begin at 11am. We have the room all day, and can accommodate side events until players and parents decide to call it quits.

We will have the same GameCube action as we did at Sandstorm. There will be a GBA tournament for prizes, as well as individual GBA matchups. We will have the popular random drawings, excellent judging, and just lots of good clean fun!

This is all the info I have at this time on the Sunday Prerelease--on Saturday we will be at the Pokemon Rocks America extravaganza at Balboa Park in San Diego. The event runs from 9-5. PT&E will be manning the TCG booth where informal league play, demos, and intros to the Pokemon TCG will be done. We are still firming up our staffing for this event and have openings for a few more professors/great Pokemon teachers. If you are interested, please email me with your full contact info and experience--especially working with large groups of kids. [Note: I am changing my profile to receive emails.]

Additional info on both of these events, and all other premiere events in the LA/SD/LV area, can be found at www.ptegames.com. Please check it out.

That's all for now.

14. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

uh uh,
    NOT that the TOURNEY should run LONGER but that it can START earlier.

WHICH Karl seems to have done for this Pre-Release.

=)