EX Sandstorm DOES use ADV 4 cards

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by FlygonChampion, Sep 7, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlygonChampion

FlygonChampion New Member

I know this for a fact. Let's just say I have sources, and the fact that there will be a Kabutops EX in ADV 4, and we have it in Sandstorm, as well as Murkrow, Growlithe, and Arcanine in the same position, if I had to bet on it, I would bet on ADV 4.

Oh, to quote Pokemon AH!:

By Nick15 [Monday, August 4 2003]
    A Quick Diversion: I have like a ton of things to do. And not enough time to do it in. God this sucks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Actual News:
    I've got SOME ADV4 news for you. More of my secret-yet-100%-real insider news that I seem to get before everyone else does. Good times. ... So far not much is known about ADV4. I don't even have a release date. BUT, I do know at least 4 cards that'll be in the set. Lesse...

Kabutops ex [illus. Ryo Ueda]
    Arcanine [illus. Hajime Kusajima]
    Murkrow [illus. Mitsuhiro Arita]
    Umbreon [illus. Kagemaru Himeno]

Now with a title like "ADV4 Duel" and these 4 cards, it's still difficule to determine a sort of theme for the set. But it seems like "classic" Pokémon will be big in this set, made apparent by these 4 names. More so, you might expect Eevee and the other 4 'Eons in this set, a Growlithe, and maybe a Kabuto and/or Mysterious Fossil (again). Or some other card to get Fossil Pokémon in play. Something.

More on this as it surfaces. [/From PA!]

All the cards mentioned are in EX Sstorm. Coincendence? I think not.

2. Nick15

Nick15 Member

You brought up a good point that even I grazed over... interesting...

3. EXRules

EXRules New Member

I can't wait to get some paks! I really want to get the Aerodactyl EX!

4. FlygonChampion

*begins to smoke a pipe, wear a monocle, and hold a pocket watch and talk in a funny voice*
    Yes, it is fairy obvious that the source of these cards are indeed ADV 4.
    I must also say all the Eevees are what led me to believe my Japanese spies were correct in their latest information.

5. Dek

Dek New Member

gee, then I must be one lucky little child cuz I have ALL FOUR of those cards. And I already saw Aerodactyle ex, and it looks awsome. The picture looks great, the attacks look great (Wing Attack does 60 damage).

6. Nick15

Nick15 Member

The bigger question now though is what the English version of ADV4 will have in it....

7. FlygonChampion

*picks up the pipe, monocle, etc.*

According to my Japanese sources, which no, no one gets to find out about, nothing. We won't be having an ADV 4 persay, but we will have an ADV 4/ADV 5. Let's just hope my friend knows what he is talking about.

8. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

If the majority of ADV 4 uses the VS/Gym cards, like "Brock's Vulpix", then I think Pokemon USA and Nintendo is adding the cards that arent owned by a character into the EX sets since those few wouldnt be enough to release alone.

That or they found an interesting way to discourage sales of Japanese boosters.
    -Phil

9. 0bserver

0bserver New Member

Maybe a crazy thought...but could this be TPC's way of getting the US caught up with Japan? For years, we've been two or three sets behind Japan. Now we're just one. So what about this thought?

Sandstorm = ADV2 and ADV4.
    Dragons = ADV3 and ADV5.

And thus both become even at ADV5.

What do you guys think?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  10. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Even if we were caught up, if they wanted to do linked release dates it would take some time to translate into all of the languages. So we'd all be waiting longer for cards. Although it would give Europeans some time to catch up.
    -Phil

11. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Doy! I wish I had some members of the Japanese mafia as TCG sources, too...=(

12. TheRealWobbuffet

TheRealWobbuffet New Member

EDIT: New, better theory. I just realized that those four cards mentioned to be in ADV4 do NOT have desert backgrounds. Yet, lots of the others defenitly do (for example: Arbok). So, what, IMO, does it seem that this almost defenitly means? Some of the cards (like those four) were indeed made for ADV4 while others were indeed made for Sandstorm. Funny thing is, Jolteon, Flareon, and Espeon look like Sandstorm-original cards, while Vaporeon and Umbreon don't.

Long story short if you don't want to read the above: I agree that some cards are not made specifically for Sandstorm, but some obviously are (look for the desert-esque backgrounds). Is this a fair theory for most of you?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003
  13. Nick15

Nick15 Member

I'm 99.9% positive that the Kabutops ex, etc cards I mentioned will be in ADV4 in Japan. And since Kabutops Ex, etc. are part of the 47 new cards in Sandstorm, I'm almost dead positive that those 47 new cards will make it into ADV4 in Japan. :)

However my guess is that ADV4 in Japan will have both these 47 new cards plus any new Team Magma/Aqua Pokémon cards. Yet when ADV4 is released in English, the English set will only have the new Team Magma/Aqua cards in it and not the 47 cards (since we already got them in Sandstorm). ... Meaning the English release of ADV4 could be smaller than the Japanese release of ADV4.

We'll find out in October, won't we? (October 24th is when ADV4 is released in Japan... though chances are I'll have the spoilers up before then. :p)

...There's also the chance that Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Japan made these cards specifically for Sandstorm, and the way Japan plays catch up is by sticking them into a later set. We've seen this happen with Dark Raichu when the Japanese got it in their Neo 2 set after it was released in the English Team Rocket set.

14. TheRealWobbuffet

TheRealWobbuffet New Member

Yes. Curse them for taking Dark Raichu. :p

As a matter of fact, I just realized that Umbreon DOES look deserty so my theory is flawed. Oh well. At least the set is coming out fairly soon (even sooner for your spoilers :p) so we will indeed find out soon enough.

15. Pablo

Pablo New Member

another sign that the extra cards are from ADV4, by checking if the illustrators match with the ones Nick15 mentioned in his news article...

16. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Not every card for Sandstorm had to look like a desert though many of the ones that do look very cool. :cool:
    BTW anyone seen the aforementioned Kabutops ex since we don't have it on the translations? What does it do????

17. bullados

bullados <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?

Hydrocutter (Discovery attack) and a Giga Drain varient (Fossil attack)

18. bulbasnore

bulbasnore Administrator Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

** bulbasnore touches index finger to end of nose **

19. FlygonChampion

AHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.