EX TA & TM Strenght Charm Question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Daddiursa, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

When the new Strenght Charm is released, must the old one from Expedition be played like it has the same wording on it as the new one? The old one amplifies damage to whomever it is dealt, while the new one only to the active.

2. jesschow12

jesschow12 New Member

the old one has an error and that problem has already solved long ago

the strength charm only DOES TO DEFENDING pokemon

3. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

TMvsTA Strength Charm does extra damage to any Active. So if self damage incurs, it gets increased. No Strength Charm ever increased Bench damage (thank you GBA for that ruling). :)

4. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

And that's why dot-codes rule! :)

5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

So what of Wobuffets 10 damage to itself? That specifically states not to apply weakness and resistance. Is it now 20 to itself with strength charm??

Isn't the term 'active pokemon' normally used to refer to your own active rather than the 'defending'. Take a look at warp point.....

6. Daddiursa

Daddiursa New Member

OK, probably would have known that had I used it myself or seen it used in a tournament earlier. I just compared them and thought the old one looked like it had an advantage.

Thanks, though.

7. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Based upon 'Pop's response HERE! and until we get the official word, Active is not on the Bench.

8. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Yes, Wobuffet would take 20 self damage.

As for Active, it may commonly be used only for the Active Player's Active Pokemon, but that is not the only way the rule book uses the term.
    For example, looking at the 2-on-2 Rules on he R&S rule book, page 21, section titled "Attack!", we see this:

9. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

So Strength Charm should really say "an active Pokemon" rather than "the active Pokemon"?