"EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release @ Houston, Texas

Discussion in 'Prerelease Tournaments' started by Master Professor Birch, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Master Professor Birch

Master Professor Birch Active Member

:pokeball: :pokeball: Houston, Texas: Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament :pokeball: :pokeball:

:D Attention, Houston and surrounding area Pokemon players get the new series of Pokemon-e TCG cards before they are released to the public!!! You will be the first to get your hands on the new Pokemon-e TCG series: "EX Team vs. Team Aqua". Houston's "Heroes Collectables" on 1810 Dairy Ashford will be hosting this Pre-release Tournament.

"EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" is a "Limited/Seal Deck" format. Players will get six booster packs to make a 40-card deck (including energy). The tournament will be "Age-Modified Swiss". We will run at least four rounds of swiss. Basic energy will be provided by the Tournament Organizer. By playing in the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua", players will receive a special Promo Card that you can only get by playing in these Pre-release Tournaments. :thumb:

We will have "Side Events" during the day that you may play in for a small fee. So, I need your input on what "Side Events" that you want for your Houston "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. We will have one large "Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" tournament that will be FREE!!! :clap:

Prizes will be "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Booster Packs for all of the winners in the Pre-release and Side Events. In the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament, prizes will be given to the Top-8 Players in each age group. The "Break Down" on prizes and age groups for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" are listed below.

Houston, get the whole family together and get ready for a full day of Pokemon-e TCG fun. I hope to see all of Houston's area Pokemon players choosing their "Team" from this new exciting series of Pokemon-e TCG. These new cards will certainly enhance your decks!!! :)

Details for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament are below.

1810 Dairy Ashford
    Houston, Texas 77077
    (281) 497-0221
    heroesccc@alltel.net

Date: March 6, 2004
    Time: 1:00pm (Regestration starts @ 11:00am & "Side Events")

Entry Fee: $15.00 / "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Prizes: 1st - 8th Place (For Each Age Group)
    ( Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over )

Prize Break Down:

1st Place: One Display of Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Boosters (36-Packs)

2nd Place: 18-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

3rd - 4th Place: 9-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

5th - 8th Place: 4-Booster Packs of "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua"

Tournament Format: Limited Tournament/Sealed Deck

In "Sealed Deck Format", each player will have six booster packs of the Pokemon-e TCG "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" set. Players add Basic Energy cards to build a 40-card deck. Basic Energy cards will be provided by the Tournament Organizer. Players may only use only the cards that they get from their six booster packs plus basic energy. NO TRADING of cards from these booster packs will be allowed to build your deck. Decklists will be provided and MUST be filled out and turned in to play in the tournament.

Limited decks contain exactly 40 cards. Players who open multiple copies of a card are not limited to only 4 of any card that is normally applied to the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Any extra cards are set aside for the remainder of the event. Players MUST play only the cards that they have listed on their Decklist. (Players may not change out any cards in their deck between rounds of swiss play.)

Players set aside four Prize cards at the start of each game, instead of the normal six.

What To Bring: $15.00 for the Entry Fee for the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" / Any Extra Money for Side Events, Drinks, etc / Damage Counters / Randomizer: Coin to Flip or Dice to Roll / An "Eon" Modified Constructed Deck of 60 Cards to Play in the "Modified" Format Side Events / A 60 Card Deck to Play in the "Unlimited" Format Side Event

Side Events: "Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament

Players will need to get to "Heroes Collectables" early to play in this Side Event. Entry Fee is FREE!!! There will be one big tournament for the GBA. This tournament is "Single Elimination". Judges decision is final. Pokemon USA, Inc. does not supply prize support for this type of tournament any more. The Tournament Organizer will supply the Prizes.

Below are the Rules for the "GBA" Tournament:

*3 Pokemon level 50 or lower
    *No two of the same Pokemon
    *Groudon, Kygore, and Rayquara are banned
    *No duplicate held items
    *Certain powers (rest, recover, etc.) are not allowed after eight minutes into the match
    *Modified GBA cartridges are NOT allowed
    *Judges' rulings are final

Other "Side Events" may be ran before and after the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release. We offer "Booster Draft", "Modified Constructed Format" (60 Card Deck), and "Unlimited Constructed Format" (60 Card Deck) Tournaments as other "Side Events". The "Entry Fee" for the "Booster Draft" is $15.00. The "Entry Fee" for the "Constructed" Tournaments is $5.00. Prizes will be given out according to the player size of the tournament.

(Please response to this thread or email PTO if you want any of these formats as "Side Events". It is Houston's Pre-release, so let the players decide what they want in their tournaments)

Judges: Jim Parish (Head Judge) "Heroes Collectables/League Leader, Pokemon Professor"
    Brian Stevenson "Heroes Collectables/Pokemon Professor"
    Charles R. Collinsworth "Premier Tournament Organizer, Pokemon Professor"

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth, Premier Tournament Organizer for Pokemon USA, Inc.
    Email: retnuhd1999@yahoo.com
    Phone: (972) 442-5545

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004
  2. Master Professor Birch

Side Events.....

:pokeball: :pokeball: ~Pokemon Players in The Houston Area~ :pokeball: :pokeball:

It is "Spring Break". :clap: I need your help and suggestions for the "Side Events" at the "Houston EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament. The "City Championships" are exciting to play in and the prizes are great for the winners of each age group. But, don't miss out on the Pre-release Tournament. This will be the first chance to get these cards from the new series, EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua. :thumb:

There will be a new Pre-release Promo given to the first 100-players. And all of the prizes to the Top 8-players in each age group. This Pre-release is one week after the "Sugarland City Championships". :D

Houston area Pokemon players, you are in for a few weeks of exciting Pokemon fun at "Heroes Collectables" in Sugarland and Houston locations. :clap:

Take care and I hope to see you there for all of the action and fun.

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

3. SNEASELSFUNHOUSE

SNEASELSFUNHOUSE New Member

i think there should be more prizes than ever

undefined

4. Xeno

Xeno New Member

I think a good idea for the side events could be the minigames from Pokémon Stadium one and two. But it would be a hastle to find enough N64s/games and it would be hard to carry that many copies to the store.

5. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

i think maybe you should either do a Unlimited side event or try something new like a nintendo on format so we could see what the environment is going to be like once the e-card sets are rotated out of the format . Just a thought :) see ya at the sugarland cc and the pre-release .

6. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

7. Master Professor Birch

:clap: Great Suggestions, Guys!!! :clap:

The TCG "Side Events", I would like for them to be sanctioned. That's an interesting format idea, ShinAkuma. But, I would not be able to sanction that format of a tournament. Let's have a "Modified Constructed Format" Tournament and an "Unlimited Constructed Format" Tournament. A "Booster Draft" Tournament is still a possiblity after the Pre-release Tournament. I could sanction that tournament as well and it would allow the players a chance to get more of the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" cards. :thumb:

So, if you would like to have a "Booster Draft" Tournament, please reply and let me know how many players we will have. I need at least eight players to turn in these tournaments as sanctioned.

The "N64" games, I know nothing about and "Heroes Collectables" would have to approve them. :confused:

Thank you for your suggestions and keep them coming.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  8. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

I would be happy for there to be a booster draft I could get more cards and have fun at the same time. so I would be happy to have a booster draft and hope fully alot of other people would to jim and diana would probably like to I'll ask them.

9. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Jim and Diana said they would love to have a booster draft but Jim would'nt be able to partisipate sins he is the head judge for houston but it will be fun if we can have a booster draft.

10. Master Professor Birch

To Booster Draft......Or Not To Booster

:clap: ~~To Booster Draft.....Or Not To Booster Draft~~ :nonono:

That is the question. I have received several emails from Houston Pokemon players about if I will be selling Boxes or Packs at the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" Pre-release Tournament on March 6th. Pokemon USA, Inc. has told the PTOs that we are not allowed to sell boxes or packs of the new series of cards at the Pre-releases. :mad:

So, the only way to get more packs of the new series of cards is to have a "Booster Draft Tournament". I need a "Roll Call" of players that want to play in a Booster Draft Tournament after the "Pre-release" is over. I will sanction this tournament. :eek:

I have already sanctioned a "Modified Constructed Deck" and an "Unlimited Constructed Deck" Tournaments. To get more of the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua" booster packs is to play in one of these tournaments. :)

The "Booster Draft" will have an entry fee of $15.00. You will receive 6-packs of the new series. The two "Constructed Deck" tournaments will have an entry fee of $5.00.

The "Roll Call" has been made. Let me know if you want to play in any of these tournaments??? I will see you on Saturday.

11. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

dang you can't sell packs I've been saving money forever to buy a box. Oh well this meens I'll be pertisipating in more of the tournaments.

12. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

Booster draft sounds good to me. i haven't played in a booster draft in a long time that would good see ya there .

13. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

hey every one I just had an Idea what do you all think about having a team tournament

14. PokeTrainer D

PokeTrainer D New Member

Hi,
    I am really hoping to get alot of the new cards like I did at the last Prerelease.......if that means that I need to participate in more drafts so be it. I am already planning on bringing my husband, Trent and Phillip. So that means there will be four of us. I would be more interested in events where we get new cards just for playing than only if you place high enough, since my husband and Phillip will be with me and they are relatively new players.

Thanks for all you do Charles!!!!!!!!!!

Diana

15. Xeno

Xeno New Member

If I don't have to go home early to babysit my sister, I will be glad to play in the Booster Draft. It all depends on what happends on the day of the PreRelease.

16. Master Professor Birch

Booster Draft.... or Team Multiplay.......

:clap: ~~Booster Draft.......or........Team Multiplay~~ :clap:

Ok, Houston, let me throw another tournament your way that "Aggronblaster" suggested to me: "Team Multiplay Sealed Deck" Tournament. Each team would receive 12-packs of the "EX Team Magma vs. Team Aqua". Teams would have 20-minutes to make their decks from the tweleve packs. Energy would be provided by the PTO. We would play by the "Wizards of the Coast" rules of "Team Multiplay. The Entry fee would be $30.00 per team. I would not be able to sanction this type of tournament. I can sanction a"Booster Draft".

Give me some feed back on these two tournaments. What would you rather do at your "Houston Pre-release"???? I am willing to offer any type of tournament that you want. Let's make it FUN for everyone.

Later

17. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

i'd rather do a booster draft but a team tournament does sound nice also / it doesn't matter to me both will do. what we should do is another limited/sealed deck toruanment u know with 40 cards again like the pre-realease instead of a booster draft. i kinda don't like the idea of taking one card out of a pack and then passing... :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  18. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

I'm still going with my idea but what would the prizes be for the teams would we just split a prize.

19. Xeno

Xeno New Member

I think the idea of a team battle would be a lot of fun. It's a brand new idea for me to try out.

20. Aggronblaster

Aggronblaster New Member

Hey every one what about a GBA tournament Battle Tower style that would be fun!!!!!!