EX-trodinary Hunters (E-on)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Dek, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dek

Dek New Member

After getting my 9 boosters for winning 3rd place, I opened up my cards and I got 2 interesting cards- Kabutops ex and Zangoose. Even though this is just the plan, I still want you to look at it and see what you think.

2 Kabuto- SS
    2 Kabutops ex- SS
    3 Skitty- SS
    2 Delcatty- SS
    3 Zangoose- SS
    3 Wobbuffet- SS
    2 Solrock- SS

4 Mysterious Fossil- SS
    3 Moo-moo Milk- EXP
    3 Potion- EXP
    3 Bill's Maintenance- EXP
    3 Wally's Training- SS
    3 Lanette's Net Search- SS
    2 Copycat- EXP
    2 Town Volunteer- AQ
    2 Memory Berry- AQ

18 Fighting Energies

Plan: Send a Mysterious Fossil out as the Basic Pokemon, use Wally's Training on it, search the deck for a Kabuto, evolve Mysterious Fossil into a Kabuto, use Kabuto's Team Assembly to get either Wobbuffet, Zangoose, Skitty, or a Solrock in play. On teh next turn, use another Wally's Training to evolve Kabuto into Kabutops ex. Then, power up Zangoose with 3 energies, and then attack the Defending Pokemon if it's an Evolved Pokemon.

If you guys need any spoilers, just let me know.

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Looks good, but what will you do about Fighting Resistance?

3. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Kabutops ex is a water pokemon with Fighting energy attacks.

4. Dek

Dek New Member

yipes!!! dkates, you got a good point about that. I got a good idea:

-3 Skitty
    -2 Delcatty
    +3 Spearow- SS
    +2 Fearow- SS

5. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

heh nice shot there...

6. Dek

Dek New Member

thanx. its been a while since I actually made a good deck. Then again, there WAS that Prehistoric Warp deck...

7. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Well, at first glance, I'd say you need Professor Elm, it's a "Best" Promo, so it'll probably be legal in E-On.

Also, there is no advantage whatsoever to using Wally's Training, when you can just use Elm's Training Method, so I'd say switch those out too...

8. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I don't understand why you would play Wobbuffet without any Psychic energy. Your fighting Pokemon are semi-splashable, so make about half your energy Psychic (use any Multi energy you have as well, you must have plenty considering the 7 holos in your deck already).

Think about using 3 Wynaut, he is a wonderful starter where you should be able to get 2 attacks off (which will give you 3 Pokemon for your hand) before "evolving" to Wobbuffet and remove all the damage (this conveniently happens in the same round as Wobbuffet has enough energy to attack). You will see a lot of people starting with Cacnea, Carvanha or Growlithe and this gets around the problem of not taking the penalty until you can knock them out.

You should, if you can get the cards, change the Skitty/Delcatty to Cacnea/Cacturne. Cacnea is a much better starter and it has a weakness that is not just different from Zangoose, but it is also well covered by your main attacker. I would do this even with only a single Cacturne.

Drop one of the Zangoose, he is not that great.

Finally change one Fossil to Kabuto. Kabuto can put other Kabuti on the bench without the fossils and is well protected by its power for the round that it has to stay out there before becoming Kabutops. Life could be difficult if one of your Kabuti was in the prizes.

I would probably reduce the energy to 16 and play the trainers a little different, but that is more a question of taste.

9. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

That is not a good choice even though Fearow is OK (the free retreat is great).

Fearow is weak to electric and that is one of the two colors that Kabutops Ex is weak to (I have doubts about Solrock in this deck for the same reason). Kabutops EX will work great alone if the opponent has no good grass or electric Pokemon, you need to plan for what you want to do if they have.

10. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Wally is so much better than elm training. training lets you find the pokemon. Wally does the exact same and lets you lay it on the pokemon. Now they haven't ruled it yet, but I believe you can also choose a stage 2 and evolve a basic to it using wally. That just plain awesome.

11. TheDeuce

TheDeuce New Member

Yes, they have made a ruling on it, you can't play a Stage 2 onto a basic, it has to be the next evolution. Plus with Wally, you have to evolve the active. Why not just use Elm's Training, get the same effect, and be able to evolve your bench if you want?

12. Dek

Dek New Member

strategy, my friend. Wobbuffet's Poke-Body cancels all damage done from Pokemon-ex when he is the active pokemon. It would be kind of like using the Legendary Body Suicune in a Grass deck. You use it to stall, not to attack.

13. mozartrules

mozartrules New Member

I would accept that argument if your other Pokemon made it difficult for you to add psychic energy (say you were playing Blaziken), but none of your Pokemon needs a lot of fighting energy. Playing psychic energy would give you advantages with no drawbacks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.