Expedition Collecting question

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by mtjimmer, Mar 12, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. mtjimmer

mtjimmer Master Trainer, Emeritus

I have a quick collecting question.

Did WotC release basic Energy foils with the Expedition stamp?

I don't have Echo or Electric Garden lying around - those are supposed to have the basic Energy of the set....I don't recall what Energy cards were in those...obviously, we're not going to find all of the basic Energy in just two theme decks.

Thanks for the help!

Jimmer

2. GymLeaderPhil

GymLeaderPhil New Member

Yes, Wizards of the Coast released all six Basic Energies in the Echo deck (due to Expedition's Alakazam and to complement drafting I guess). You could not pull any of the Basic Energies from the Expedition packs.
    -Phil

3. mtjimmer

Sure - did they also release basic Energy cards (IN FOIL) with an expansion symbol/numbering?

I never saw how they numbered the reverse foil basic energy cards they were giving away for leagues - are these what I'm thinking of?

4. TheAnswer3

TheAnswer3 New Member

Jimmer: Wotc never released foil energy with an expansion symbol/numbering exluding the obvious Metal/Rainbow.
    RH Darks/Metals/Rainbows were avaliable in the Expedition-Skyridge sets.

The Basic Energy WOTC released through league werent numbered, there type corresponded with the type of the promo released that month: IE Articuno/Water Magmar/Fire Machamp/Fighting etc.

tA

5. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

Sheesh.
    Don't believe us, eh? :p

The foil Basic energy that was released in League was old-style Reverse Holo: It has the star pattern like a regular foil card.
    It also had no number or promo stamp.
    They looked like the original Base Set energy, not the e-set energy.

Electric Garden only had two kinds of Energy: Lightning and Grass. Echo had all types, but mostly Psychic. As Phil mentioned, Alakazam has a Power called Psymimic that let it use its Opponent's attack, but it still had to pay the proper Energy cost.

There was no foil e-set Basic energy.

You owe me a coke.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2004
  6. mtjimmer

A coke? What happens if I don't get let out of the subterranean caves? You might be waiting awhile. And I'd hate to see you die of thirst. I have a cup full of pennies at my desk - maybe I could sneak them out in a shipment, so you could buy your own coke.

7. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

I'll trade you some Foil promo energy for some.. pennies. Yeah, pennies.

8. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I'd trade you for some RH TV Reporters.