Expedition Kazam (Mod.)

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Baboon, Oct 2, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baboon

Baboon New Member

Still, even with going to Expedition-on, I'm keeping my ongoing project of E1 Kazam...

Kazam Meets E-on

POKEMON: 21
    4 Abra (E1)
    4 Kadabra (2 E1, 2 E3)
    4 Alakazam (3 E1, 1 E3)
    4 Zigzagoon (EX2 when I get them)
    3 Linoone (EX1)
    1 Mewtwo ex
    1 Magmar ex

ENERGY: 20
    4 Rainbow
    6 Psychic
    4 Fire
    3 Grass
    3 Water

TRAINERS: 19
    3 Copycat
    3 Oak's Research
    3 Master Ball
    3 Warp Point
    3 Power Charge
    2 Town Volunteers
    2 Super Scoop Up

Yet another attempt to make Kazam work. @_@
    I decided to try using Linoone to get myself some more cards instead of dealing with sub-par Trainers. I stuck the one Skyridge Kazam in not only for some variety in attacking, but also for the Poke-Power. It allows me to move an Energy around on my turn, so if the Defending Pokemon is 1 Energy more or less than my Active E1 Kazam, I can Syncroblast for 80.

Psychic, Fire, Grass, and Water seem to me like the types that'll be seen a lot in E-on, so including these Energy will allow Kazam to copy the Defending Pokemon more readily if it is one of those types. Basically, you can't just depend on 4 Rainbows, since once they disappear, you have a hard time recovering them. Also, I'd use more Mewtwo ex's, but I only have one. SO, I stuck Magmar ex in there. (He also can eat Scizor if needed.)
    Post ideas. ;)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

I'd drop that Magmar ex and a Zigzagoon for 2 Energy Switches. Love the basic premise.

3. Otaku

Otaku Active Member

Hmmm... its still a pretty good Alakazam. I would suggest maybe a Pokemon Nurse or two instead of the SUper Scoop-Ups: Chances are, you can copy something cheap from an opponent while you power up. Lose Maggy: most of the Pokemon ex basics aren't all that great in the current Eon. Everyone says something different on what will be dominant: so I say wait and see. For now try 4 Rainbow, 4 Crystal, and 2 of each basic energy type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.