3 Holon WP / Holon FF
7 Water / Fire
2 Psychic / Fighting
1 Cyclone
1 Boost
------
14 Energy

Strategy:

You ideally want to start out with Sentret and get T2 Furret to search out your Explouds. If you get to set up Exploud and Omastar with your Furret, you should be in pretty good shape. You might have to use Furret middle-game too to get Omastar ingredients to your hand.

Come out with Exploud. Slap a Cessation in, as nobody plays Windstorms these days and start the flip-action. If they come out with Pachi to hit you with 40 - well, better to you as they're keeping their big hitters off the stage then. Pachi just to get middle-game Cessation off slows your opponent down a lot so you should welcome Pachi and slap another Cessation if you have the Castaway. Try to flip some first coin tails to get the damage spread (finally a deck that benefits from tails'!). You can sacrifice a few explouds like this easily.

When you have flipped about 3 tails with Exploud's first attack, your opponent should be ready to get Omanyted. Rare candies being the big thing in today's environment and Ralts has only 60 HP.

Cessations and Crystal Beachs aim to slow your opponent down to get a sufficient spreading done before getting your Explouds owned by a big hitter.

I'd like to fit a tech spreading line in this deck (1-1 Dodrio preferably) but the space is a bit tight.

I tested a version of Exploud with 1-0-1 Omastar. It didn't work quite as well as I wanted to. Exploud is just so flippy. While you should do a fair amount of bench damage each game you can't really count on it ... and you have to have that bench damage for Star to be effective.

Omastar isnt that helpful and dosent make an impact like you think. Even tho Im seeing Omastar PK popping up in alot of decks.

Try Dodrio since it is the best combo Ive seen with Exploud.

Well, dropping Omastar as tech lineup (1-0-1) and dropping 1 Loudred, I could fit in 2-2 Dodrio lineup. Still like the techability of Omastar and being able to get it out with 1 Furret in the middle game might deal multiple OHKOs at the same time. I'd have to add some Boosts to Dodrio though, so I'll need a way to get Beach out of the way...

Will have to do some testing with that. Thanks for the suggestions, keep them coming!

In a WP version you could play octillery for snipe and helps w/ the special energy problems. Not 2 mention the magmortar matchup. Don't know wat u think of that. I actually like ur list. I'm running Exploud all the way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back