EXtra carnage: Poke and prod it!

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Cyrus, Aug 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Now, assuming we get an e-on format, this is what my all-ex deck would look like:

~~~EXtra carnage~~~

Pokemon (13):

1 Chansey EX
    4 Mewtwo EX
    4 Hitmonchan EX
    4 Sneasel EX

Trainers (29):

4 Professor Elm
    4 Copycat
    4 Oracle
    4 Bill
    4 Scoop Up
    4 Power Charge
    4 Dual Ball
    1 Town Volunteers

Energy (18):

4 Rainbow
    4 Dark
    5 Fighting
    5 Psychic

The deck's focus is that of any haymaker of the olden days: strike fast, and hope to kill fast. With the Rainbow Energy, the energy flow works very well, since each of their attacks requires two of the specific pokemon's energy type, save Chansey EX. Like the old school hays, Scoop up is a must in many bad situations, including healing and retreating purposes.

Now, you may be thinking right now: WHY DOES HE PLAY DUAL BALLS?! Well, as you can tell, 9 supporters are A LOT, and I just thought that this would be a faster, more convenient way to get out all those big, fat EX's, by playing multiple duals. ^_^

So, what could the deck use to be better?

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Interesting, but two problems, both related to the fact that all of your Pokemon are EX. First, isn't there supposed to be (coming soon or already out) a Wobbuffet that can't be harmed by EX Pokemon? Second, your opponent only needs 3 KOs to win. Also, you could use some Switches.

3. Cyrus

Yah. This is just a clunky idea of mine from a couple months ago right when Ru/sa was released. It is true that Wobbuffet is the, "Lily pad mew" for Pokemon-ex, but if it gets bad, I can merely find room for 2 Kecleon. Since it basically copies Wobbuffet's type, I can be dealing solid damage to a Pokemon meant solely for tech.

Last of all, you are right that I need to find room for Switch, as Pokemon-ex will need an extra retreat :D

4. Lion_of_Darkness

Lion_of_Darkness New Member

Not bad. Normally, I'd never play with ex Pokemon, but that deck makes them look great! You'd have to play in Modified, though!

5. xtremelyhcman

xtremelyhcman New Member

That is a pretty cool deck, Patriarch, despite the fact only 3 KO's for your opponent would win...But they'd still have a heck of a time doing it though...

6. Cyrus

"You'd have to play it in modified though."

That's what I plan. EXtra Carnage in E-on would be fun for the whole family...and more! :D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2003
  7. Krayzie

Krayzie New Member

Well if you played it in E-on,youd have to drop the bills and scoop ups.And I'd drop the dual balls for pokemon fan club.

8. Cyrus

*points to his first post* that explains why I don't play fan clubs. Also, the e-on includes Legendary Collection.

*then points to self* YOU! Stop accidentally posting replies in new topics!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2003
  9. mollymotes

mollymotes New Member

10. Hot Mustid

Hot Mustid New Member

omg :nonono:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  11. PokeMontoya

PokeMontoya New Member

dude use juggler and abuse Mewtwo's first attack

12. Tagrineth

Tagrineth New Member

This thread... is from BEFORE SANDSTORM WAS RELEASED.

LET IT DIE.

13. Cyrus

That they are, Jerms =)

Mollymotes makes me laugh for bumping my 1 1/2 year old topic tho ;x

Since this'll get locked (as it should), I'll post a couple of the format changes, from a NE-on desperately figuring out Ruby/Sapphire, to a RS-on:

Ne-on (RS-on)
    -Ex's would have actually been really hot in a format where the best cards get ohko'd by these dudes (now, almost no ex's are played =x)
    -Bill and Professor Elm were still viable (Now we struggle to find the right supporter draw cards :nonono: )
    -The comment about supporters. With such variety, 9 was cutting it (The Monarchy deck to my left houses 13...)

Boy, does time fly? =P

14. NJ_Champ

NJ_Champ New Member

i definately think that look at really old topic is kinda cool you get to see them in a whole new light
    props to molleymotes

15. Cyrus

What can I say? 1631 posts tell a story, NJ Champ :wink:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  16. supertyranitar

supertyranitar New Member

Hmmm, interesting idea, the only thing is that you have to watch out for Energy removal, but looks good man. good luck.

17. Gardyrocks!

Gardyrocks! New Member

energy removal??? its ex-on, prolly rs-on know

18. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

WT...heck, Rodney, why did you bump this?

-______________-

19. mollymotes

mollymotes New Member

just to show how the format had changed in 2 years and decks

20. ShiningCharizard

ShiningCharizard New Member

lol lets see i would -1 fighting and + one chansey ex....just kidding :tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.