Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Exxon Raindance

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullados

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Let's say that the next format will be Exxon, or Nintendo only. I think that I've got a fairly viable deck, at least until Sandstorm comes out in a couple of weeks.

Pokemon (21):
4 Mudkip
4 Marshtomp
4 Swampert (3 NH, 1 Holo)
3 Wingull
2 Pellipper
2 Zigzagoon
2 Linoone

Trainers (20):
4 Birch
4 Switch
4 Potion
4 PokeBall
4 PokeNav

Energy (19):
19 Water

Basically, it's a dual strategy here. One part is Swampert and wasting everything with 50 a turn and sleep. The other part is Pelliper with mass healing and other stuff. Linoone is for searching, and the trainers are pretty much default. I have to say this, I can't believe that I'm using PokeBall!!!!!

not much to say, other than it's just an idea and still in the works. Good luck trying to fix this thing!!!

Last edited:
You miscounted Trainers, and you have one space left. Always a good thing. Use that one space for either a Zigzagoon or a Water Energy. Other than that, I have no suggestions.

whoops. I didn't notice that. Thx for suggestion. I'll take care of that...

Now that that's fixed, this deck looks good. On paper, at least. I have no way to test it, so I hope you are.

Hm. Unfortunately, the Ruby/Sappire Onward Format will be INCREDIBLY bland and predictable until we get some more cards. (Sandstorm will hopefully deliver some nice cards for this purpose).

So every deck will follow the same exact pattern. 4 of every member of the main evo family, stage 1 family of the same type as backup, and Linoone. Same exact trainers, same general amount of energy.

(The only other type being a heavily EX style sort of thing.)

SO, the only change I would recommend would be to switch the Swampert Ratio. 3 Holo, 1 Non-holo.

But one way or another, I wouldn't count in R/S Onward being a format.

Last edited:
again, unfortunately, my decks are made of cards that I actually have. Also, I like the damage combo of the non-holo Swampert. It worked out great for me in the RS challange. Most Stage 1 Pokemon in RS don't have more than 70 hp. Those are usually 1 and done Pokemon that are retreated the turn after they are used. 50 the first turn, KO the 2nd, no matter where they are. I will admit, however, that the Good Ol Raindance idea is extremely tempting to attempt.

RS-on is not very likely with a company that is 1) stressing the e-reader and 2) stressing the compatibility with earlier sets.

So, I'd say you can count on E-on (and LC-on isn't out of the question). Under this E-on scenario:

You have a lot going on and need those basics to get to your evos for the combo.

-4 PokeNav
+3 Pokemon Fan Club

Better card draw exists in E-on:
-4 Prof Birch
+4 Prof Oaks Research

PokeBall, desparate times (RS-on) call for that as a desparate measure. However,

-4 PokeBall

To avoid playing another supporter,

+3 Fast Ball

Or, for certain choice,

+3 Prof. Elm's Training Method

Now, there is no healing, so what about

+2 HyperPotion

or

+2 Weakness Guard

In case Linoone has to draw you some cards while facing a big fighting/rock/ground type, etc.

The main reason that I thought about Exxon as the main format is because it does Nintendo no good, economically, to promote the product of another company, even though it is compatable with their own product. What this basically means is that Nintendo wants all of the money to go to them, and not to Wizards, who, as most people know, produced and distributed the E-card sets. Based upon that assumption, which is not that farfetched, Exxon seems like a perfectly reasonable format for Nintendo to push on us, especially because they are going to release at least 2 more sets before Christmas.

Now, about your fix, and your assumption that it will be the Eon format. PFC is very good for this deck, so I'll let that slide. POR is trash, and will be as long as Copycat is still in the format. PETM is also virtual trash, again as long as there are better out there. Fast Ball and Master Ball are better than PETM. The only supporter that I might be willing to play in this is magnifier, because these Pokemon don't do much damage anyways, and Sceptile decks will be running rampent. Now, for the one trainer that you absolutely ignored, and which should be in every deck that is made for its format, and that is TV. I would add in 1, but, again, this deck was built for Exxon.

Magnifier isn't a Supporter. It's not even a Pokemon Tool. It's just a Trainer that gets attached to your Active Pokemon.

D'oh!!! I ment Tool. Really? I didn't know that... Might be a good idea to keep up with the sets a little better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back