Fall 2008 Set Rotation

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by ColdFire64, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdFire64

ColdFire64 New Member

Hey guys, I checked the search feature but no results came up so forgive me if this has already been asked, BUT...... Does anyone know what sets will be "legal" when the new set rotation comes about in September? The TCG site released the info before worlds last year, but so far I haven't seen anything this year...

If this has already been answered in another thread that the search feature didn't pull up, or if I overlooked something on the OP site, could someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks a bunch!

2. Jason

Jason New Member

it should be revealed within a week, hopefully if the pattern still follows from the last 2 years.

3. secretsof2113

secretsof2113 Moderator Trader Feedback Mod

If the pattern follows as it should, we'll move onto DP-on. Odds are, that is where we'll end up.

4. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

Most probabbly it will be DP-on

5. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

If they keep up the old pattern, it will be PK on.

6. Rocky500

Rocky500 New Member

I don't see the reason for that, but w/e. I'm actually curious of an MT-on rotation.

7. pinkertonfan

pinkertonfan New Member

same here that would explain why a lot of mt supporters and trainers were reprinted in sw

8. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Concentrate on the current season, why do we see 1000 threads for this same topic EVERY month. It's freaking ridiculous.

9. Muscovy Level X

Muscovy Level X New Member

They do 5 one year, then 3 the next. Last year, DX, EM, UF, DS, LM were rotated.

10. Ace-

Ace- New Member

But this is senseless. Rhyperior will miss and Rhyperior lvl.X will be useless. I think it will be PK-on or DP-on. At worlds we will get to know, whether it will be PK, DP or MT-On.

11. pinkertonfan

pinkertonfan New Member

maybe pop reprints of it and garchomp will be made to make them legal.

12. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

MT would probably be the most logical choice. DP was pretty muchly worthless except for Infernape and Empoleon Lv. X, and there will be bigger and better decks by rotation time.

13. Dual_Draw

Dual_Draw New Member

No they have done this over all the rotations

3 Sets (To RS-ON)
    4 Sets (To HL-ON)
    3 Sets (To DX-ON)
    5 Sets (To HP-ON)

They won't get rid of DP because it has Basic Energies.

I'm guessing DP-On

14. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

"basic energies are legal regardless of them being printed in a modified set or not"

I'm pretty sure it will be DP-on, your logic was just stupid.

15. The Phenom1993

The Phenom1993 New Member

I'm sure they'll keep DP.
    There are some cards like rhypherior and lucario who haven't been printed again and have their lv.X in other setx.

16. Magic_Umbreon

Magic_Umbreon Researching Tower Scientist, Retired

lifeherb.

Oh, we're not allowed cryptically brief replies now? Life herb was a reprint card people used to predict the rotation claiming it was reprinted so it stayed in. The logic didn't actually prove correct, to which I am paralleling your logic.

17. pokemonmike

pokemonmike Active Member

1000 :eek: Wow , this thread should have been locked then with the 999 other duplicate threads....:rolleyes: :lol:

If i had to take a guess I think we will see the DP as to eliminate the old ex series only.

18. Pajamas

Pajamas <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Much like everyone else, I expect that we'll go to DP-on next season. One possibility that I haven't heard anybody mention is if we stayed at HP-on, and Japan rotated so they were also HP-on, eliminating the disadvantage that Japanese players face when coming to Worlds. It would certainly be unprecedented for PUI to do that, and it's highly unlikely... but if anybody's listening, I'd certainly be up for another season of buying EX-series boosters. :tongue:

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  19. AnimeDDR110

AnimeDDR110 New Member

No it wasn't. What did we play before MD empoleon and infernape? DP empoleon and infernape. Just because they have been over-looked now due to MD doesn't mean they were good. What about Duskinoir? That card is one of the best tech cards in the current format. And Rypherior? We won't be able to play Rypherior X if we don't have a rypherior.

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  20. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Well something else, we INTERNATIONAL got DP in august/september 2007.
    It would be a bad move to rotate that set after it could be used for only 10 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.