Fast Ball (Skyridge)

Discussion in 'Ask the Rules Team' started by drackmere, Jan 12, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drackmere

drackmere New Member

Are you required to shuffle your deck if the first card you reveal is an Evolution card?

I'm not really sure about the answer to this question, but I can see it going either way.

If the answer is "No," it could be due to the fact that there are no other revealed cards to be shuffled back into the deck.

If the answer is "Yes," it could be due to its fact that a ruling on Professor Elm requires you to shuffle your deck when you don't have a hand (essentially shuffling a hand of 0 cards into the deck); then, this answer would then support that you are shuffling 0 "other revealed cards" into your deck. (I have included the Professor Elm ruling below.)

Thanks for looking into this issue.

Fast Ball
    Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Evolution card. Show that card to your opponent and put it into your hand. Shuffle the other revealed cards into your deck. (If you don't reveal an Evolution card, shuffle all the revealed cards back into your deck.)

Q. Does Prof-Elming with 0 cards in your hand allow you to shuffle before drawing 7 cards?
    A. Yes. [ED.NOTE: In fact, it *REQUIRES* it to be shuffled before drawing 7 cards, even with a hand of zero]. (Nov 14, 2002 WotC Chat, Q31)

2. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

Here is the ruling that was issued last week. It is current until said otherwise:
    == FAST BALL (Skyridge)
    Q. When using Fast Ball, if the very first card you turn up is an evolution, do you still have to shuffle your deck?
    A. If FastBall pulls an Evolution Card as the first revealed card, the deck is not shuffled as there are no as there are no "other revealed cards" to shuffle back in. (Jan 15, 2004 PUI Rules Team)

Enjoy,
    - CHRISBO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.