Fast Spin

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ra2xse, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Pokemons:
    3x Donphan SW=40+Warp Point effect
    3x Phanpy SW

3x Mr Mime MT=For stalling after Donphan and next turn back on bench by A)SwitchB)Warp PointC)Warp energyD)Retreat
    2x Shuckle SW=Stalling also.

2x Absol ex PK=Absolutly good POWER for this deck, my opponent is retreating somethig after i've use Domphan then i'll use Absol ex's power to move the 3 damage counters if it's needed.

1x Skarmory ex PK= For take down teh retreaters.
    =14
    Supporters:
    4x Celio's Network
    4x Roseanne's Research
    4x POV
    4x Steven's Advise
    =16+14=30
    Trainers:
    4x PP
    4x ER2=Help Mr.Mime to stall (not too easy to get 3 energy to 1 pokemon)
    4x Warp Point=for stallers
    4x Switch=For stallers
    =16+30=46
    Energys:
    3x DRE=For Donphan's second attack
    4x Warp Energy=For stallers, 2 ''retreat'' whit one energy.
    7x Fighting Energy

Strategy:
    Use Donphan's first attack and chance an staller(Mr Mime ot Shuckle) to my active pokemon for my opponent's turn, when my turn comes i'll take it back on bench(4x Warp Point, 4x Switch, 4xWarp Energy) and attack again, if my opponent uses Cess, DRE to Donphan and 120.

2. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

Don't forget Phoebe's Stadium. It's a decent counter-stadium and it'll give your mimes free retreat. Also I would think about bumping the Donphan line up to 4-4, for better chances of getting T2 Donphan and also so you don't run out of attackers. You might want to gear your trainer engine toward disruption, because a deck like this with low damage output will give a setup deck a lot of time to get ready without a lot of pressure. A few galactic's mars early in the game can mess these decks up.

3. fchangus2

fchangus2 New Member

I played against a Donphan/Dodrio deck that was pretty good. Dodrio is nice because of the free retreat and the attack (resistance to F too, which gave my Gallade fits). You can free up many slots in the deck (from switches and warp points) to put in more draw and make it more consistent

4. Dark Ninja

Dark Ninja New Member

Next set your going to want to play an Unown Q. Assuming it's in the next set.

5. aggromaster94

aggromaster94 New Member

To use Mime's body you need Mime Jr. under it. SO to fix that here are my fixes:

-4 Switch

+3 Mime Jr.
    +1 Anything you want

6. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

You don't NEED Mime Jr. under it. The attack reads:

As long as the Defending Pokemon has 2 or less Energy cards attached to it, prevent all damage done to Mr. Mime. If Mime Jr. is any where under Mr. Mime, prevent all efects, including damage done to Mr. Mime instead.

Or something like that...

7. aggromaster94

aggromaster94 New Member

Your right, I miss read the card. I'm really sorry. But I still think my fix will help.

8. KAZUTO!!!

KAZUTO!!! New Member

Yeah, it's fine Aggromaster94. I think have maybe 1 or 2 Mime Jr.s in here, to counter Banette and a little bit of Gardilade. The rest just have Switchs or Warp Points.

9. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Why i don't use Phoebe's? there is 3 Mr.Mimes and 2 Shuckles, Shuckle is also really good staller. 12 cards for ''retreat'' is enough.

10. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

You will use Mime more often than Shuckle. Shuckle tends to be just a retreat away from OHKO with most of the pokémon. You'll have more than enough coverage for special energies with 1 Shuckle and 4 ER2. Remember Mime also counts energy cards, so your opponent will have to get 3 energy cards to it's pokemon to be able to do damage. You can still add Crystal Beach if you're too afraid of special energies, however, they will focus on basic energies in the game when there's shuckle in.

Warp energies and Switches I would reduce a bit, and give a chance for Phoebe's - Mime is your main staller anyway. It's easy to be able to use no cards for retreating than using one. Of course your opponent might capitalize from Phoebe's a bit, but that's what you have Skarmory Ex for and that's why you can tech in 1-1 Breloom to bust the psychics. Phoebe's is also your counter stadium, as you have no counter stadiums here, and no Windstorms either (as Donphan handles most of that).

I'm sure 1-2 Absol Ex would help a load against for example Gardelade, as you can pretty much eliminate Gardy Lv. X's attack with clever placement of damage counters. Against Magmortar you would want something to get them off the bench without losing 2 prizes as well, and Super Scoop is the only viable option in this format.

I'm still pretty sceptical about Donphan doing enough damage, so you might want to play some alternative high-damage pokémon here. Switches and Warps would work better if you had Gyarados MT as your switch-in, as it has retreat to be feared of.

11. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

^ I don't think the Phoebe's Stadium actually gives 0 retreat cost, you just have to pay two less. If you wanted to play Breloom that way, I think switching over to Moonlight Stadium once GE comes out is a good idea.

@OP: I really don't think wasting switch/warp point/warp energy is the best way to play the deck. Honestly, most games you probably will spin more times than you have those cards in the deck. Stadium use is at an all time low, so take advantage of it. It also opens up more spots for disruption.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  12. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

i played against this deck in citys, it was a hard time because it had a dugtrio cg very early against my spread deck,

i hate to give away his ideas, but he didn't like the results anyway, but he used a jynx d line to retreat his mime, he apparently didn't get to use it to much in the tourney but it worked fine against me a couple times in our match

i never thought of using shuckle, good idea

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

i played against this deck in citys, it was a hard time because it had a dugtrio cg very early against my spread deck,

i hate to give away his ideas, but he didn't like the results anyway, but he used a jynx d line to retreat his mime, he apparently didn't get to use it to much in the tourney but it worked fine against me a couple times in our match

i never thought of using shuckle, good idea

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  13. Dennis Hawk

Dennis Hawk New Member

Tested with Jynx d too, and it's pretty good if you want to use other stadiums. I used Lake Boundaries with Jynx d to handle retreating, atnd that actually worked wonders whenever you got spare Roseanne to fetch them. Only fault was starting with Jynx sometimes, it's the absolute worst. Smoochum is at least half-decent.

Celebi* is a possible flippy tech, basically comparable to Jumpluff in this deck.

14. DoctorBLACK

DoctorBLACK New Member

you should jynx smoochum dragon frontiers for the free retreat

15. TODDakaESTEBAN

TODDakaESTEBAN New Member

well i'm sure he would be proud to know that he wasn't the only one to think of that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.