Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Favorite Ppokemon ruined by new gen?

Dr. Mason

I loved Pokemon like Tangela, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Onix and even Roselia. It really made me angry when these Pokemongot evolutions, because all of them, excluding Scythere, were no longer usable if you wanted to do decently. I don't like Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Scizor, Electivire, Magmortar, Steelix, or Roserade. It would be nice if occasionally they made Pokemon cards like these, and the Pokemon in game, strong enough to be useable on their own.

usable alone, uhhh, electivire and magmotar in the card game, and just ev train for the vid game, i was pretty happy when these pokemon got evolutions (i was dancing around wheni found out that gligar would have an evolution).

Steelix and Scizor have been around since Generation II, which was near ten years ago. Plus, Steelix and Scizor did great things for Onix and Scizor, I think, as they previously weren't so good in the games.

Yeah, I really like Lickitung... then they make this ugly bloated fat thing and turned an awesome looking Pokemon into a clown.

I actually though Porygon2 was a neat addition, but PorygonZ just looks stupid like Lickilicky.

Never liked Magmar or Magmortars' looks.

I think both Syther and Scizor are cool.

Well, makes 'em easier to fry. (Kidding, of course)...(or am I?)...(I am)...(or am I?)
I'm kinda disappointed with the new Eeveelutions, mostly Glaceon. Leafeon is alright, and I expected a grass-typed Eevee sometime, but I would of loved to see a Steel-type instead of an Ice-type.

Yeah i agree with motl. I like Celebi and below, Rs-0n i dont like and feel like they are unneeded except for a few cute ones
Well, I think we need new Pokemon. I mean what, you want ALL of Pokemon to get stale like the Card Game when GG/Mag were the only 2 decks that stood a chance half the time?

New Pokemon are a good thing. Messing up Evolution lines is VERY bad thing.

I think it has to do with creativity. The people who are in charge with making new Pokemon are bored with their job, so they just make it easy on themselves and make a new evolution of a Pokemon that already exists without adding anything interestingly new to the Pokemon itself.

Charmander, CUTE Lizard Pokemon that breathes fire=Awesome.

Charmeleon, Bigger, TOUGHER Looking Lizard Pokemon that looks like a more Awesome Charmander=More Awesome

Charizard, DRAGON Pokemon, FLYS, Breathes fire so hot it can melt Boulders=Most Awesome

That shows the true meaning of Evolution. Getting better and adapting to survive. Even though that doesn't 100% apply to Pokemon, most of it does.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Likitung, weird looking thing with a uber long tongue=Awesome

Lickilicky, even more weird looking thing with uber long tongue=How Boring

What, he got bigger and more ugly, with no new Powers? How does that have anything to do with Evolution?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See what I mean?

Last edited:
Honestly I think it's cool, in the cardgame basic pokemon that have a stage 1 (and only a stage 1) often have good hp, and before they didn't have evo's they wern't better at all.
I like some change here and there. Personally I would love it if there was to a an evo for hitmonchan,hitmonlee,hitmontop somthing like hitmonsai could be done (with the last part being from sensai "teacher")

If it really bugs you just don't use their evo's in tcg but don't complain the deck isn't tournament worthy, I mean it would be boring if one could make lvl x scythers and magmars to make an U,E,M like deck. Plus even in the rpg game it's worth evolving because of the attack,defence etc. bonus you get.

Cheers,

No, it would be a good idea.

Scyther has better speed than Scizor, making him a viable choice.

The stats are poart of the complaint. The other evo's should have had tradeoffs like Scizor did. Scizor gains in attack and defense split exactly from how much he loses in speed.

I mostly try to pretend the last two generations didn't happen in general. Although to be honest I find the new evolutions generally the most interesting of the DP ones as well as some of the legendaries. Its these random things like Bidoof and Lapbunny I care not for.

Well, makes 'em easier to fry. (Kidding, of course)...(or am I?)...(I am)...(or am I?)
I'm kinda disappointed with the new Eeveelutions, mostly Glaceon. Leafeon is alright, and I expected a grass-typed Eevee sometime, but I would of loved to see a Steel-type instead of an Ice-type.

Ghost type is what I am waiting for...

Heh, I can see it now.

Hitmonorris :biggrin:

*in pokedex voice* "with it's legendary 28 invisible fists, it has enough speed and power to own any living creature, as well as all non-living creatures and beings."

Seriously though, some of the evolutions are cool, but I find that a lot of the 4th gen pokemon (not just new evolutions) were a little bit, um, lacking. I liked gen 1 and 2, and 3 was pretty good also, but I could live without about 30 of the ones from gen 4. I know there are better pokemon out there, it upsets me a bit that Nintendo seems to be choosing more and more wierd ones, and not cool ones.

POKEMAN

Last edited:
I was fine with everything until DP, when all of Muk's attack's became special. Muk was always my favorite Pokemon to raise...still one of my favorite three, though.

The neat thing is if you don't like the evolutions, just don't use them. Just because a pokemon has a form doesn't mean you have to evolve it in the games or whatever. Why would you let an evolution ruin your favorite pokemon? Ash likes his Pikachu the way it is, he chooses not to evolve it. Kinda simple.

We could get into a whole debate about how Ash actually may have wanted Pikachu to evolve for the Lt. Surge fight, but Pikachu was the one who actually chose not to evolve, but that is going to be way off topic. I think some of the evolutions are cool, like Magnezone (duhhh), but others, not so much. Magmortar is neat, but I think Magmar itself is pretty sweet. It was certainly pretty cool to watch the fight with Blaine, which was pretty epic. If Blaine were using a Magmortar, the thing would have been too fat and slow to handle Charizard for a second. I hope they never make an evolution for Skarmory. That would probably end up ruining a really good pokemon.

Back