Fearow worth it?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Rocket_Spenser, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Rocket_Spenser

Rocket_Spenser New Member

I'm rebuilding my Kingdra ex deck and i wonder if Fearow is really the ideal poke-searcher. I've tried it with Meg d, Queen d, and Fearow d. None of them seem to be faster than the others so i wonder if Nidoqueen or Meganium could be better. Discuss?

2. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

Wrong forum I think.

3. Rocket_Spenser

Rocket_Spenser New Member

i suppose i put it here because it's for a Kingdra deck build and i would like opinion/help on which searcher is best for the Kingdra Deck. I figured that fit in Deck Help/Strategy because the question is relevant to a specific deck.

4. Dr. Mason

Dr. Mason New Member

That actually more goes another forum, I've seen these topics get moved before. Just thoguh you should know >.>

5. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

you need to say how many cards each of your search lines is using before you will get much opinion. I rather liked the 1-1 Fearow with H Researcher as it took very little deck space but that was before the rotation. We had Briney and Stump too so Fearow wasn't always a cheap prize for your opponent. So my liking for fearow d is a rather past tense affair now.

6. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Fearow takes a HUGE role in my R-Gon deck. It gives the deck consistency and speed. If it works for me, it'll work for anybody (with a delta species focused deck :lol:)

7. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

Clearly, Fearow d is far superior. Queen d is a stage 2, and gets shut off by BF. Meganium only works once, and again, is a Stage 2. Fearow can't be shut off except by Cess. Crystal.

Fearow is the way to go.

8. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

^It gets shut off by Holon Legacy too. But who plays that? :p

Without Fearow, my R-Gon would work as well as a starter deck.. xp

9. redostrike

redostrike New Member

And that is why we play 4 windstorms

10. The_Lorax

The_Lorax New Member

Fearow is ur best option just because it is a stage one

11. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Not to mention that Spearow has a good resistance, should you be forced to start with it (resisting Fighting is NICE on a basic like this).

Whereas... What's a Nidoran doing for you if you're stuck with it active? Not much of anything. How very useful.

12. B_B_C

B_B_C New Member

2-2 fearow?

13. NidoPrince

NidoPrince New Member

2-2 could dead draw for you. I run a 2-1.

14. mila

mila New Member

3-3 fearow with kingdra

15. DarkJake

DarkJake New Member

WHO PRAYS HORON REGACY?!

And um Flygon decks don't need Fearow at all to be good, and I prefer them without (for now ;x)

16. Ardoptres

Ardoptres New Member

Lol, no 2-2 is consistant enough.

17. redostrike

redostrike New Member

Dont look at flygon deck it's about kingdra. Kingdra + fearow, and flygon has his queen it's commen sence :p

18. The_Lorax

The_Lorax New Member

Flygon doesnt use Queen =/

19. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

So? Rules to the Deck Help forum are clearly posted at the top of this forum. Since you want to know about a card, or a combo for your deck, Strategy, Rules & Collecting Questions is the place best suited for it.

20. Let Fire Fall

Let Fire Fall New Member

4-3-4 Kingdra
    2-2 Fearow

4 Rare Candy

thats what I had in my Kingdra. It was very consistant. I went 4-2 at Battle roads but I got T1ed by Mario the last round and missed top cut :(

PM me if you wanna talk more about the deck. I've been playing it for a long time now.