Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FF4 DS just really stinks......

Nightmare

This game was one of the ultimate SNES classics and stuff, why do they have to go remaking it in 3-D? It looked good and everything else, I just am horrified that Square-Enix can't leave a classic alone. They really have no justification to doing this, FF4 Advance sold well.

This is a really sad day for classic gamers.

-James

It's BECAUSE it's such a classic that Square needs to remake it every so often. I honestly believe that they should've put a couple of other different FFs on the DS before tackling FF4 and FF6, mostly so that they can really get the 3D stuff down pat. It looks kinda blocky right now. FF4 is a cash cow in any and all forms, and I'm surprised that it's only been put out 3 times total.

FF4 is one of the greatest games of all time. The original FF4 is only about 40% of the content in the new FF4DS. To me, that makes it WELL worth the purchase.

Yah, don't complain, no one is forcing you to buy it. More like you're looking for something to complain about more than actually complaining.

ITT we learn to not cross Marril re: FF4

You, sir, are completely misinformed and thus are speaking out of foolish ignorance. Take it from me, FF4DS is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Square since the original Tactics.

Ignoring that Golbez is Chairman Freaking Kaga, the amount of new content that's added is stunning. Even for someone like me, who's read the FF4 Settei Shiryou (the precursor to the Ultimania guides), there's new stuff to be found. And it's all completely consistent, largely because they're working from source material written before the company went to dirt. Your argument basically boils down to "they're remaking it," without a single thought as to how this is in all respects a better remake than FF4 Advance was. If nothing else, Golbez is Chairman Freaking Kaga.

If you've got to complain about something, complain about FF4: The After, which is the sequel they're releasing for Japanese cell phones only. If you're not on top of FF4 enough to even know about that sequel, you don't know enough to complain about what Square's doing with the franchise.

I don't care they're adding stuff. I care that they're changing the game and its presentation, which really hurts me.

-James

You, sir, are completely misinformed and thus are speaking out of foolish ignorance. Take it from me, FF4DS is pretty much the only good thing to come out of Square since the original Tactics.

Ignoring that Golbez is Chairman Freaking Kaga, the amount of new content that's added is stunning. Even for someone like me, who's read the FF4 Settei Shiryou (the precursor to the Ultimania guides), there's new stuff to be found. And it's all completely consistent, largely because they're working from source material written before the company went to dirt. Your argument basically boils down to "they're remaking it," without a single thought as to how this is in all respects a better remake than FF4 Advance was. If nothing else, Golbez is Chairman Freaking Kaga.

If you've got to complain about something, complain about FF4: The After, which is the sequel they're releasing for Japanese cell phones only. If you're not on top of FF4 enough to even know about that sequel, you don't know enough to complain about what Square's doing with the franchise.

Not to mention the game is going to have increased difficultly, new boss tactics, voice overs, and the art style is going to be much closer to the original concepts.

I'm personally really looking forward to it. I didn't play any version of it yet, and I hear it's one of the best ones out there. I can't wait for it. It has been a long time since I was excited about a DS game, and now FF: Tactics A2 and this one are coming out pretty soon and close together :D.

Oh yeah. And DQ4 is coming out in September. This is gonna be a BUSY fall for me...

It's BECAUSE it's such a classic that Square needs to remake it every so often. I honestly believe that they should've put a couple of other different FFs on the DS before tackling FF4 and FF6, mostly so that they can really get the 3D stuff down pat. It looks kinda blocky right now. FF4 is a cash cow in any and all forms, and I'm surprised that it's only been put out 3 times total.

FF4 is one of the greatest games of all time. The original FF4 is only about 40% of the content in the new FF4DS. To me, that makes it WELL worth the purchase.

They've done more then just 4 and 6 dude. As for the problem at hand I agree with averyone except Nightmare, this is awesome infact its one of the few games I'm excited about this summer. We've had a few people before start threads just to coplain, and as far as I'm concired this is spam, and I'm sure Pablo will be here soon to lock this.

Ummm no, people are discussing if they're looking forward to this game or not, and why they think it was good/bad they remade it, so as long as people can be civlized about it, no reason for me to lock this. I still really look forward to play this, and the new FF Tactics.

They've done more then just 4 and 6 dude. As for the problem at hand I agree with averyone except Nightmare, this is awesome infact its one of the few games I'm excited about this summer. We've had a few people before start threads just to coplain, and as far as I'm concired this is spam, and I'm sure Pablo will be here soon to lock this.

Re-read that. I know that they've remade every Nintendo FF on the GBA except for 3. I was expressing disappointment that they would make 4 on the DS before perfecting their coding techniques and graphical capabilities by using 1, 2, or 5.

That being said, I'm buying this at midnight the day it comes out, and I'll have 10+ hours on it before the day is done. (I've still got school + work, y'know)

I still really look forward to play this, and the new FF Tactics.

EDIT: Duh, you were talking about FFTA2, not FFT: Lion War. Deleting my rant about how Lion War is junk. I totally forgot FFTA2 was even coming out.

That being said, I'm buying this at midnight the day it comes out, and I'll have 10+ hours on it before the day is done.

Similar situation here. I'll probably have it beaten in a day or three, tops. Unless I stop to do some Pink Tail hunting.

Re-read that. I know that they've remade every Nintendo FF on the GBA except for 3. I was expressing disappointment that they would make 4 on the DS before perfecting their coding techniques and graphical capabilities by using 1, 2, or 5.

They probably have perfected their techniques. The DS hardware is quite limited. In theory the graphical engine has the processing power of the N64, but there is a hardware per-frame vertex rendering limit that chokes the DS down to about 120,000 triangles per second. For comparison, the PSP can do 33 million. Also, the DS lacks even bilinear filtering -- it's limited to nearest-neighbor -- so textures are always going to look blocky.

It's not purely technical. From what I've seen, FF4 uses a very similar graphical technique as FF3DS. I personally think that FF3DS was an UGLY game graphics wise, and I was hoping that they'd have a couple of games to clean up those graphics before making one of the heavyweights in the FF series.

I know what you meen, FF3DS did have pretty bad graphics, but from what I've seen FF4 looks to be pretty good, and they bettter clean up this graphical mess before FF6.

I won't get it because I got my ff4 gba way too soon. I feel like two years isn't enough time for me to want to revisit the land of cecil and kain. If they did this to ff6 I'd be first in line.

Back