Figures break too easily

Discussion in 'Trading Figure Game' started by ShadowCard, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ShadowCard

ShadowCard Active Member

You know its bad when the figures are broken in the package. I see that a lot. The figures cannot withstand getting dropped, which is a problem. One of the league players dropped my Absol and it broke right off the base. I spun my Kyogre off the table and its wing broke. Crazy glue wasn't able to hold the wing together. Any recommendations on glue?

The figures are not durable enough. One of the game's target ages is an age group known for dropping things, so these figures should be more durable. Would broken figures be acceptable in tournament play?

2. Went to the store to return some since a new shipment came in. Most of the ho-oh were sitting in the box broken. Who's going to want to buy them?

3. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

I know how you feel...
    Let some someone use mine and they broke my EEVEE!
    I had to replace it....

Well the wing you are out of luck I would say...
    But save it you might find something later on...

4. Maguschild

Maguschild New Member

I would try no more nails, it takes 24 hours to dry, but man does it adhere. No more nails is a glue you can buy in a hardware store. Just a thought.

5. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill New Member

They do need to be a tad bit more durable.

I went to a local Toys R Us today, and there were several figures that were off of their bases or otherwise broken. The Mudkip single packs were most often the ones that were falling apart, from what I noticed.

I have a Ho-oh that broke right out of the box, unfortunately. The little stick that the figure sits on seems to be very fragile. It broke twice, in fact. I've found that super glue holds it for playing purposes. But you need quite a bit. And it kind of stains the base a bit. So my Ho-oh looks terrible at the base. I'm just keeping this one until I can pull or trade for another.

6. hectagonman

hectagonman New Member

My Card Shop's distributor said that they would be made of better plastic after this set.

7. Jran Sakarra

Jran Sakarra New Member

I am making sire that mien will not break by making my metal case custom fit these firures

8. Houndoom13

Houndoom13 New Member

My Ho-Ho and Absol busted when they were dropped we tryed super glue which didn't work then we got model glue and have had no problems with them staying together.

9. Jigglychu

Jigglychu New Member

Unfortunately they do break very easily. My advice, just be very careful with them.

I just of something that could get confusing:

Player 1: My figure is broken!
    Player 2: It's broken?
    P1: Yeah
    P2: So use super glue.
    p1: Huh?
    p2: You said it was broken.
    p1: It is....
    p2: So use glue!
    p1: No, it's broken! *pulls out figure* See?
    p2: Dosen't look broken to me.
    p1: Are you kidding? This thing would own anything on the field.

;P