Final Fantasy X-2

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by NoTime4LoveDrJ, Nov 20, 2003.

1. NoTime4LoveDrJ

NoTime4LoveDrJ New Member

So, has anyone got it? And if so, what do you think?

I picked it up tonight, and am only a half hour or so into it, but it's pretty good so far. The only annoying thing regarding the game wasn't the game's fault... Some imbecile walked up to the counter at GameStop and was like, "I need a copy of Final Fantasy X-2!"

As in the letter, X. Not ten. As in wrong title.

Anyway, post opinions, please.

2. squiggle

squiggle New Member

Has it been released in english????? Where?? I need a copy... (etc. etc...)

But anyway.. what do you think of it?

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

FFX-2 is easier to say than Final Fantasy Ten-Two. I constantly refer to it as X-2.... Though I have also heard people call it twelve....

Didnt know it was released yet... will need to go get a copy soon hopefully. Can anybody say early x-mas for me?

4. Dek

Dek New Member

Noobs I take it, right? Anyways, whats real sad is that its another good that I CANT GET. Whats even worse is that FF7: Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts 2, and FF XI wont be in my grasp anytime soon. Oh well, there is always Kingdom Hearts for GBA...

ANYWAYS, it looks pretty good. Using a "Charlie's Angels meets FF Tactics' character class system." Im a real big fan of choosing the character class thing. IMO, it brings out a lot more playability in a game.

5. NoTime4LoveDrJ

It came out the 18th. I didn't know either until I walked into GameStop, and I couldn't say no.

I like the battle system... It's very interesting to switch abilities and attributes at the drop of a hat. For example, if you're a black mage with low HP, and you're about to die, you can switch to a warrior and get double the maximum HP on the spot. It adds a lot of depth to the battle system.

I really don't dig the girl power sex appeal aspect of the game, as it tries to accentuate that too much. But otherwise, it's an awesome game, well worth the purchase, especially if you've beaten X... Because personally, that one needed a sequel. Too little closure in the ending as far as Tidus goes.

6. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The combat system sounds interesting. I wont be able to pick it up til jan/Feb next year, so you are not alone.

What is this Kingdom Hearts for GBA?

Has anyone seen a release date on Kingdom Hearts 2? I want this more than FFX-2. It was so much fun.... but I know I will get and play, and not wuit til I beat them both...

7. Dek

Dek New Member

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (or as some would call "Kingdom Hearts 1.5") is another Kingdom Hearts RPG using card-combat (like some recent and future games).

According to GameInformer, it will be released in the Winter 2004/2005. But no worries because I have spoilers for anyone who wants em. Better yet, why not?

SPOILER WARNING!! SPOILER WARNING!!
    The following are spoilers for Kingdom Hearts 2 and other SquareEnix games. If you dont want to read about this, then go play another Square or Disney game:

-Another main character is going to be introduced. It hasnt been confirmed if he is "story only" or if he is playable since Sora will be in the game as well. He is so important to the game, that SquareEnix and Disney didnt even show any pictures of his face. But it is a fact that this new character will wield 2 Key Blades.
    -Even though it's a little obvious by now, the Final Fantasy VII rerelease for PS2 will be including a 1 hour CG movie called Advent Children. Both of these will be released together in the Summer of 2004.
    -Haley Joel Osment might be voicing Sora again.
    -Kairi? only one way to find out! Play it!
    -Sora has a new costume
    -It isnt official yet, but with the release of new Disney Movies, Kingdom Hearts 2 will either go into those universes or combine some universes together (maybe combine Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo?)
    -Another famous Disney character will appear in Kingdom Hearts too. HE (there's clue number one) will also have a Key Blade. Oh, and if you dont have any idea, here is a hint. Many of our "older" gamers will know this old school tune. "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me?"
    -In other Final Fantasy news, SquareEnix will come out with a Japan only FFX-2 called "Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission." (Long, aint it?). THis new version will include new cahracter classes (like a PSYCHIC), new items, and a new dungeon.
    - Rumor has it that in International + Last Mission, if a player can get a 100% save file in the original X-2, then they can access a new ending for International + Last Mission.
    -Final Fantasy 12 is already in teh making.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2003
  8. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

When is GBA Kingdom Hearts going to be released??? I need a KH fix now.....

And other than the new character, I knew most if not all of that. I saw some nice screen shots of a new, what looked to be a bad guy, with flaming red hair. (the new charcer mentioned, prolly not...)and yes, the other key blade wielding, infamous Disney Character is..... well who else, think about it.... If you dont know by know, then you shouldnt need to worry. Unfortunatly the new screens didnt show any level that looked like anything from a disney movie. It just looked generic, with some neat new Heartless creatures.

And FF12, yeah, that wont be coming anytime real soon.... I mean we dont even have 11 til next year. I know it is supposed to be internet compatible, but not soley online like 11 is/will be.

What is this FF7 for PS2? Straight port, improved gameplay/graphics? or something familur yet different (like RE1 for GC)?

Doubt we wil get FFX-2 International+Last Mission. We didnt get FFX international, so I figure it will follow the same fate....

9. Dek

Dek New Member

WHOOPS!!! forgot about that one. 2004 is the info i have right now.

same gameplay. no clue about the graphics.

10. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Then why bother (FF7). I mean if you dont have a copy of it, you can pick it up cheap, and play on a PS2 anyways. Only difference I can tell (for now) is you can save directly to a PS2 memory card... not worth it....

11. Dek

Dek New Member

I dont know much about the remake of FF7. All i know is what i posted. It might have better graphics. It might even have new stuff. I honestly dont know.

12. NoTime4LoveDrJ

Or it just may have the awesome graphics X and X-2 have. The final battle of VII was of FMV quality, and the whole game could put that sequence to shame if done on PS2. Plus, we'd probably lose the Popeye look, which would be great.

13. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

according to EGM, its like a FFVII-2

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  14. Dek

Dek New Member

I dont know...GameInformer said that they were re-releasing THE Final Fantasy VII ALONG with the 1 hour CG movie called Advent Children.

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Saw the screen shots in OPM, but didnt get to read the article. But I did the little mention in T&T this morning. It mentioned Advent Children (a 1 hour cg movie taking place after FFVII) starring Cloud. It also mentioned a rumor of a "remake" of FFVII for PS2. It also said they where likely to come together, let us hope.

Just thought I would share the info I saw.... nothing earthshattering, definite, or new added, sorry... But the screen shots are freakin awsome

16. Marril

Marril New Member

1. FFX-2 is worse than FF2, which is worse than FF8, which is worse than FFTA. Seriously. I hate to say it to all the people who think it's the greatest, but someone needed to say it. It's simply a sequel made to milk the name for all it's worth.

2. I don't care anything about Kingdom Hearts 2 except that it should focus more on Unknown and those Neo-Heartless and whatnot than anything else. Such potential there, and they probably won't expand on it. Read some of the quotes in the KH secret ending, they're pretty intense. You even hear Kairi saying something like, "This time, I'll fight." It even says that the Ansem Reports are wrong.

17. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Hey have you all seen the trailer for Kingdom Hearts 2?
    If not, I got the trailer and I'll send it to anyone who wants it. (through AIM)