Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

FireRed, LeafGreen, and Wireless?

I think we've all heard by now that in Japan they are remaking Pokemon Red and Green for GBA. I for one can't wait for it to come around. But here's something that you might not know...

Slated to be released around the same time, a wireless link cable is going to show up in Japan. It is designed to have up to 5 players going at it simultaneously without those messy wires. The bad problem is the slow transfur speed. If you thought the Cable gameplay was slow, grab a sandwich, because your battles may take a while.

Just a little info I heard about. Anyone got any more tech news? I'd love to hear it.

Well... actually, data transfer speeds are pretty much the same wirelessly as they are wired. The only problem will be interferance from other wireless equipment and radio frequancies working in the same, heavily used 2.4 GHz range; which includes Cordless Phones, WiFi (AKA: Airport), Wavebirds, and Microwave Ovens.

If you've every experinced transmision interuption with a Wavebird controller, you know what I'm talking about. But even then, the worst that could happen is a shorter transmision range than usual and/or some minor hicups.

I have already talked about this in my topic posted in this forum here. Please check the forum for such related news before posting a new topic.

Last edited:
Now that someone opened up a tech post, I might as well add in my 2 cents *hands it over before saying anything*

I've heard some rumors about a possible wireless version of the GCN/GBA link cable. I dont have any links at the time, but I've hear some of these weird rumor on TechTV, the PokeGym, and other weird places.

Back