Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

fires in so CA

SD PokeMom

Mod Supervisor
Staff member
they just closed the schools in our district tomorrow.

we've got ash falling, and the air quality outside is atrocious; imagine walking through the plume from a campfire. that's what it's like.

we're not in any danger though; a whole h*ll of a lot would have to burn first for it to get to us. we may have cousins and their dogs coming to stay though since they're a lot closer and in possible danger, depending on how it moves.

bulbasnore is close to the malibu fire; if people were wondering why the 'gym was down earlier today, that was the reason. the server was taken offline for safety.

good thoughts for us here in so cal please!

'mom

Brings back bad memories of the Cedar Fre. Walking up the street to a friend's house felt like walking through ground zero. Everything was gray, ash falling all around. I had to hold a damp washcloth over my nose and mouth. Very scary.

Thank god these fires are not nearly that large. (And pray they don't grow.)

Prayers for you folks in SoCal. My buddy Jim was commenting earlier how he could smell it from where he was. (Irvine)

Hope my place back home isn't in any danger. I'd like to have a place to go home to for Thanksgiving. :(

I'm at UCI and it stinks like crazy. If I open the window to get air, the smell takes over the room, but if I leave it closed, it's too hot. :(

Prayers are with you all.
I heard on the news this morning that houses in 'snore's area are still in danger, so take care!

we're in the southernmost area of the evac area now, as the fire has jumped the I-15. packing the cars now...

'mom

I thought it was scary to have to go in to the basement because of a storm but having to leave your house must be scaryer!
Prayers are with you all.
And be safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, SD PokeMom. Just stay frosty and keep watching the news.

- Croatian (and I thought hurricanes were bad) Nidoking

I got a call from sd-pokemom this morning (6 hours ago) but have been on the road until now.
They had to move to an evacuation center last night about 9pm their time.
They are OK, but of course their house is in some danger.
The authorities are being very proactive about evacuating people, so they were not in immediate danger, but the fact that only one life has been lost so far speaks to the wisdom of early evacs.

My best friend lives in Spring Valley (just across the reservoir from the Harris fire), and he's basically been watching the fires for the last 8 hours from his balcony, waiting for the order to evacuate.

That is, his family is waiting for the order. He's ready to leave.

Back