First E-on Deck: Blazing Tales

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Mauro, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Hi everyone, I need some help with this deck. I'm from Argentina and E-on format is new here. I have been reading some deck lists in this forum to learn how to make good E-on decks and this is the first one I think is good enough to post :lol: . I want to know if I am doing it correctly.

ENERGY (16)
    16 Fire

POKEMON (22)
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty
    3 Vulpix
    3 Ninetales
    4 Torchic
    4 Blaziken

TRAINERS (22)
    2 Crystal Shard
    2 High Pressure System
    2 Mr. Birney’s Compassion
    4 Oracle
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Prof. Oak’s Research
    4 Rare Candy

STRATEGY
    Start with Dunsparce and get Delcatty as fast as possible. Then 2/3 Blaziken and at least 2 Ninetales and start hitting hard. High Pressure System for Ninetales, Crystal Shard to counter Rayquaza EX, Salamente, etc. Mr. Birney's Compassion for healing and you know the rest.
    Here the metagame is 40% Gardevoir/EX and 40% Sceptile more or less and the rest are rogue decks, maybe one or two Blaziken/Rayquaza decks.
    Thanks for reading.

Mauro

Last edited: Feb 24, 2004
  2. First of all you have to tell what kind a cards you are playing.For example what Blaziken or Delcatty are you playing?After you tell what cards you are playing I will be able to help you.

3. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

First off, if the Eon format is new in Argentina, then you're may ahead of the game. THe deck is near perfect for a relatively new format, and I only have a few things to comment on, but I'm sure other people will find what I missed.

Pokemon: Add a Combusken. That's it. Really not much to comment on here, since most Niniken decks follow the same basic pattern when building pokemon structure, so just add a Combusken. Then you're fine.

Energy: Lose one fire to compensate for the adding of the Combusken. With the speed at which you will be weeding through your deck, combined with Blaziken's power to use fire in the discard, 15, which is usually a small number for energy, should be just about right here.

Trainers: We have 22 spaces. You have generally the right idea, and this is where most Blazetales decks differ, so let's just clear the slate, shall we? First let's get a decent drawing/searching engine:

4 Oracle
    4 POR (I prefer Copycat, but it's a matter of personal opinion, so stick with what you had)
    4 TV Reporter

This should be pretty decent. Besides, if you can get Sparce out first turn and use SAR, then get Skitty so you can get a second turn Delcatty, your golden. If you get Oracle first turn and Skitty is on your bench, use Sudden Flash instead, or attach your energy to your Vulpix, so you can Oracle for Delcatty and not use SAR, which requires you to shuffle your deck and your Delcatty gets lost. But otherwise, Oak's Research and/or TV Reporter first and second turn to find Delcatty by the second. Then weeds through your deck to get set up fast!

We have ten spaces left. Usually Niniken is considered to have the advantage over Gardy, and definetely has the advantage of Sceptile, so you shouldn't need to tECh anything in such high numbers, like your 2 Crystal Shard. We need four rare candies; even though I added a Combusken, four still could be needed. One crystal shard wouldn't hurt, so let's toss in one. Also, throw in a Fisherman. It's great for last-minute late game Energy Draws, or if your discard pile just has too much fire in it. Now we have 4 spaces left. 2 HPS is a good idea, but you can only retreat once per turn, so be wary of this. 2 left. Briney's Compassion...I'll hafta ixnay those. This deck should be dishing out as much or more than it takes in combat, so ditch them for Strength Charm. This actually works wonders in this deck, because with the three energy attached to Ninetales, discarding them all will do 90 damage. Add a Strength Charm and you get the number of health that Ray EX has.

Why not just play 3 Strength Charm and forget the Crystal Shard then? Because Fire Stream (Blaziken) does fifty damage, and multiply that by two with Crystal Shard against Ray EX, and you're another third done the match.

Hope I helped out. Great concept, great deck. Keep working!

Wooper

4. Your Blaziken is the Holo one right?

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Assuming Blaze is Firestarter, it better be... you really need up to 2 Combuskin, A good Omastar player wont mind sacking an Omastar or 2 to garuntee a win... since you will have only 4 Blaze in play the whole game at most, and Candy's are gone, you get a bunch of Chicks (the one time this is a bad thing...lol)

dont think Shards are needed, Ray needs like 1 more energy to KO, and Sal/Fly need only 2 more.... not to hard to pull off.... These can be the 2 Combuskin.... Consider adding one Town Volunteers as well....

6. Mauro

Mauro New Member

Re

Thank you very much for your help. Here is the new deck

ENERGY (15)
    15 Fire

POKEMON (23)
    4 Dunsparce
    2 Skitty
    2 Delcatty (Energy Draw)
    3 Vulpix
    3 Ninetales (Ethernal Flame)
    4 Torchic
    1 Combusken
    4 Blaziken (Firestarter)

TRAINERS (22)
    1 Crystal Shard
    1 Fisherman/Town Volunteers
    2 High Pressure System
    2 Strenght Charm
    4 Oracle
    4 TV Reporter
    4 Prof. Oak’s Research
    4 Rare Candy

I like the Strenght Charm idea. Omastar isn't very popular here but I think 1 Combusken will be ok. Remember that Salamence has fire Resistance, so Crystal Shard is the only way to OHKO him cheaply. With Crystal Shard only 3 Energy needed, without Crystal Shard 6 Energy needed. So if they play Salamence a lot: -1 Strenght Charm +1 Crystal Shard.
    I think that Copycat isn't as good as in other formats because in E-on there isn't any big drawing card like Cleffa, Professor Oak or Professor Elm making your opponent's hand larger.
    Thanks again

Mauro

Last edited: Feb 25, 2004
  7. -1High
    +1Combusken
    Drop the Ninetales line for somethinglike this.
    -3Vul
    -3Nine
    +4or3PETM
    +2Weakness Guard.

8. Pablo

Pablo New Member

???? APT then how do u OHKO stuff? seriously dont listen to his advice, the deck si good as it is in your last version posted, it looks really similar to mine and I assure you that will become the top deck in ur area if ur meta is only gardy and sceptile.

9. Okay then listen to Mudkip but you need a 2nd Combusken and without Weakness Guard Swamp or Omastar can knock Blaz out easily.

10. Pablo

Pablo New Member

yeah, but if they KO u, U ko them back the next turn, and its easier to power up a second tales than a second swampy or omastar, plus who plays those anyway? theyre not popular decks anywhere, some people play them, but theypre not good enough and Niniken pwns both of them easily.

-MuD

11. I Play Omastar!!!!!!

12. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey APT, in case you didn't know, Niniken decks aren't about defending yourself and lasting as long as you can like they are in Gojira decks and stuff like that, they're about speed and power. Take a hit? Hit right back. Swarm with Ninetales quickly enough and it'll be very hard to stop you. And since Tales isn't an EX, you already have some advantage when it comes to the KO cycle.

Mauro, you're second deck was good: the combo of your deck and my fix sounds hard to beat. Keep up the good work.

13. Mauro

Mauro New Member

ATP: this deck can't work wothout a big hitter like Ninetales, and water decks aren't as fast as Ninken. Also Blaziken can OHKO Mysterious Fossil easily in the bench.
    Thanks Super Wooper and Mudkip.

Mauro

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004
  14. Okay but still 2nd Combusken would be good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.