Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flash Fire pull rates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattrd08

Probably won't be getting a box until the weekend, but I found a Target that broke the street date like they normally do, and bought 9 packs. Literally got 1 holo and 8 NHRs. And the NHRs weren't even good stuff. Stuff like Furrett and Qwilfish and Durant - stuff that has 0 business being on a rare card in Generation VI. Already not liking the rates, especially when there are SIX Charizard cards to hunt down.

Probably won't be getting a box until the weekend, but I found a Target that broke the street date like they normally do, and bought 9 packs. Literally got 1 holo and 8 NHRs. And the NHRs weren't even good stuff. Stuff like Furrett and Qwilfish and Durant - stuff that has 0 business being on a rare card in Generation VI. Already not liking the rates, especially when there are SIX Charizard cards to hunt down.

And of course, I bought six packs and pulled a M Charizard EX. Pull rates are completely subjective. There are, however, a lot of "junk rares" in this set, and that is annoying.

I went to a walmart that broke street date a few days ago, bought 8 packs, and pulled 2 Kangaskhan EX and a Charizard EX. I was pleased with that rate.

16 packs from the pre release:

2 Holo, both Milotic

This set is trash.

This is one of the better sets in a long while. It has several useable Pokémon and multiple useable Trainers. Just because you unfortunately pulled nothing doesn't mean it's "trash."

Anyways, they're all over the place. I had back to back boxes with one having 0 FA and 3 EX, and the next had 2 FA, 5 EX, and a shining. I would phrase pull rates in this set as "unpredictable." Although I suspect if you took a large enough sample size to actually be statistically relevant (like, 6+ boxes at an absolute bare minimum - 12+ would probably be better), it would probably still average out to the usual 1-1.5 FA, 3-4 EX, 0.333 shining, and 12-13 total holo cards of some variety in a box.

Hmm. I've bought five packs and pulled a pokemon fan club full art and a toxicroak ex. Planning to buy more next payday lol, pretty happy with the set so far, seeing as how I've bought at least 2 dozen x and y packs and only pulled a mega blastoise and venasaur ex.

I bought 10 packs at a Walmart last Saturday. Pulled 10 packs right off the peg, didn't mix them up at all.

FIVE rare Snorlax and 2 rare Scrafty....in 10 packs!

I did get 3 Ultra Balls, because I need more of those.:smile:

This really looks like a bad day at the old Pokemon Card Factory.

Booster Box pulls

Opened a box and witnessed three others from the same case:

Box 1:
FA Charizard EX
FA Toxicroak EX
Magnezone EX
Toxicroak EX
Charizard EX(Combustion Blast)
Khangaskhan EX

Box 2:
M Charizard EX Y
FA Khangaskhan EX
FA Pokemon Fan Club
Magnezone EX
Charizard EX (both variants)

Box 3 (mine):
FA Charizard EX
FA Magnezone EX
Khangaskhan EX
M Charizard EX X
M Khangaskhan EX
Charizard EX (Stoke)

Box 4:
SR M Charizard EX X
FA Pokemon Center Lady
Charizard EX (both variants)
Khangaskhan EX

Overall, it seems 5-6 Ultra rares are the norm for booster boxes of this set.

Out of 11 packs from a Pre-release & the guy selling some packs afterwords.

Magnezone EX
Charizard EX (the "meh" version)

Plus a Goodra

Pulled 10 packs right off the peg, didn't mix them up at all.

So were they in full blister packaging, then? If so, there's absolutely no guarantee at all that they are in a row from the same box, forget even from the same period of time in printing. They're at the mercy of so many people along the way, including the person who filled the stock in at the store.

So were they in full blister packaging, then? If so, there's absolutely no guarantee at all that they are in a row from the same box, forget even from the same period of time in printing. They're at the mercy of so many people along the way, including the person who filled the stock in at the store.

Yes, they were cardboard blisters. All of those things should either maintain the randomness or increase it. I believe there are 19 rares (ignoring holos and ultra rares) in the Flashfire set. If the rares are evenly distributed, the probability of getting a Snorlax rare in one pack is 1/19, or about 5.3%. In 10 packs, the probability of getting a Snorlax rare is 10*(1/19), or 52.6%. But, the probability of getting FIVE Snorlax rares in 10 packs is approximately (1/19)^5, or about 1 in 2.5 million.

The only conclusion I can draw is that the packaging of the rare cards is no where near evenly distributed and random.

On the bright side, previously at this same store, out of an Yveltal Tin, in the 4 packs, I got White Kyurem EX, Genesect EX, and Blastiose EX. (But no full arts as my son pointed out.)

Perhaps this is Pokemon's version of "Climate Change." The extremes on both ends of the spectrum are getting stretched.

My daughter did a Pre release and pulled a Fire Mega Charizard and a FA Toxicorak.
We did the booster draft afterwards and I pulled a Charizard, My wife pulled a Toxicroak and my daughter pulled a FA Kangastan

Sadly none of us got a Pryroar.

Here is what i got out of my case.

Box 1

#13 M Charizard EX
#41 Toxicroak EX
#78 Kangaskahn EX
#101 Magnezone EX FA

Box 2

#11 Charizard EX
#69 M Charizard EX
#79M KangaskahnEX
#100 Charizard EX FA

Box 3

#11 Charizard EX
#12 Charizard EX
#35 Magnezone EX
#102 Toxicroak EX FA
#106 Pokemon Fan Club FA
#108 M Charizard EX

Box 4
#12 Charizard EX
#41 Toxicroak EX
#78 Kangaskhan EX
#106 Pokemon Fan Club FA
#107 M Charizard EX

Box 5

#11 Charizard EX
#35 Magnezone EX
#69 M Charizard EX
#101 Magnezone EX FA

Box 6

#13 M Charizard EX
#35 Magnezone EX
#79 M Kangaskhan EX
#103 Kangaskhan EX FA
#104 Lysandre FA

Going to Target tomorrow to pick up 10 more blister packs, will post what I pull tomorrow. Just need the two freakin' M Charizard Y's to complete the Charizard line :/

Yes, they were cardboard blisters. All of those things should either maintain the randomness or increase it.

Believe it or not, random means that getting a bunch of the same cards over and over actually does mean that buying blisters increased your randomness.

BTW I went to Walmart yesterday & picked up the 2 Starters, and noticed they had the Charizard EX box already, the one pack promo blisters (Honedge & Skiddo) and the 2 Pack Blisters (Machamp & Haxorus).
The most noticeable thing was the blisters were priced at $3.98 instead of $4.19.
Anybody else see this price?

BTW in the packs that came in the Promo blisters I got:

Pyroar, and Skuntank.

BTW I went to Walmart yesterday & picked up the 2 Starters, and noticed they had the Charizard EX box already, the one pack promo blisters (Honedge & Skiddo) and the 2 Pack Blisters (Machamp & Haxorus).
The most noticeable thing was the blisters were priced at $3.98 instead of $4.19.
Anybody else see this price?

BTW in the packs that came in the Promo blisters I got:

Pyroar, and Skuntank.

Yeah, Walmart lowered the price at least for now.

I got 6 new blister packs today. Somehow one of my local Targets still hasn't received the blisters with the Promo cards, and my other local Target didn't even release the packs on May 7 like they're supposed to -_-. I'll have to go tomorrow, when I know they receive new inventory, to see what's up. Anyhow, these were my pulls:

RH Milotic
H Shiftry
H Druddigon
H Goodra
H Dusknoir
SR M Charizard (x) Ex (darn, already have 3 of these and still need SR M Char Y to complete the Charizard line)
FA Pokemon Center Lady

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I know this isn't really the thread to post this, but I think a reason why the pull rates are all over the place is because TPCi seems to have stepped up their game and made all the packs more or less the same weight. There isn't a whole lot of variance from the lightest to the heaviest packs like there was in LT and XY1. Meaning, if you're trying to figure out which one to buy by "weighing" them with your hands, you probably won't have very good results...

Just opened a box and got four regular-EXs (Magnezone, Toxicroak, MKangaskhan, and MCharizard fire), and a FA Lyssandre. Far from the best box I've ever opened, but far from the worst. Also far from the best box in this topic, but again, far from the worst.

Out of my Box came....

012 Charizard EX (The good one)
041 Toxicroak Ex
078 Kangaskhan Ex
102 Toxicroak Ex Full Art
109 M Kangaskhan EX (secret rare)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back