Flash Flood

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by BLiZzArD, Oct 9, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

26 Pokemon

4 Marill
    4 Azumarill
    3 Skitty(minor errand run)
    3 Delcatty (ultra Energy Source)
    4 Mudkip (pound)
    4 Marshtomp(aqua Sonic)
    3 Swampert(holo)

16 Trainers

4 Oracle
    3 Professor Elm's Training Method
    2 Rare Candy
    3 Professor Oak's Research
    4 Seer

18 Energy

18 Water

Get either a swampert or azumarill out and let the fun begin

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Drop the Wailord ex line, add one Swampert, 2 Basics (preferably Fighting type Basics), and Trainers. Also, drop 1-3 Energy for Trainers. Use Copycat and/or Professor Oak's Research for drawing.

3. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

I understand the trainers but what fighting pokemon did you have in mind?

4. dkates

dkates New Member

The Makuhita with Low Kick is good Fighting tech. (F)(C) for 30 before Weakness.

5. BLiZzArD

BLiZzArD New Member

the problem with that is I would have to drop water energy from the deck and this deck needs water energy to work so I put in SS delcatty to abuse the flow of energy around I really like playing 2 active but this deck doesn't require I do

6. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, I don't know of any good, splashable Fighting Basics that don't use Fighting Energy of the top of my head. I'll do some research, and if I find any, I'll edit them into this post.

[EDIT] The Sandstorm Anorith with Double Scratch (techinically a Stage 1, but it evolves from Claw Fossil) could be interesting as Fighting tech without Fighting Energy [Double Scratch costs (C)(C)(C)]. AQ Hitmonchan can be used without Fighting Energy -- it also has an attack for (C)(C)(C), but it's a tails-fails 50. AQ Hitmontop has Double Kick [(C)(C) for 2 flips, 20 damage per heads]. Expedition Machop has an identical attack with a different name. There are a couple of other Fighting Basics with attacks that can be used without Fighting Energy, but these are the best ones. Personally, as a recommendation, I lean towards AQ Hitmonchan, simply because it's basically an FTKO against Electric types, and decent power even without a Weakness advantage. The flip's a downer, but I think it's still worth considering. I would say Anorith, but you'd have to find room for Anoriths and Claw Fossils.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  7. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

Well if you really want a Fighting tech (Which I don't think is that much needed with a lack of Lightning in the format.) You should probably use Solrock and some Multi Energy. Solrock also has a card drawing colorless attack.

8. Pablo

Pablo New Member

you should add solrock to the deck, (now you will need 8 :p) , and either fighing or multienergy. read again azumarills attack, but it says you can flip a coin for every energy attached, not every water attached, and this also counts for delcatty too. You would just have to think a bit before adding the enery to the pokemon. Just use swamperts power to add all of the water energy first, and then just use your one per turn energy to attach a fighiting or multienergy. another minor change, you should drop one sandstorm delcatty, and add in a holo delcatty from RS, just as tech for better drawing, and combo with oracle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.