Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Flexibility of the Manual Online Tournament Reporting

SteveP

After running the Dragon Pre-release tournament as three separate age-group tournaments (we didn't run it as one giant, age-modified tournament), my PTO entered the results in the online reporting system as one tournament. Apparently, the system handled the data properly. Did anyone else out there who ran 3 separate age-group tournaments report the Pre-release like this? I'm just wondering if this is okay, or are the TOs required to sanction 3 separate age-group tournaments? Obviously, this won't work if you report the tournament using the file download, but because we entered in the results manually, my PTO felt we could just report the results as one tournament.

I'm asking because we'll probably run our TA&TM Pre-release as three separate age groups (we expect 10-20 in each age group).

Last edited:
SteveP said:
After running the Dragon Pre-release tournament as three separate age-group tournaments (we didn't run it as one giant, age-modified tournament)

I don't have any input on this data entry issue, but running separate tourneys for each age category: WoW! That's a great idea. I never thought it made much sense to let an 8 year old play against a 28 year old.

:unknown-b

I haven't tried It but I'd bet that the reporting system would allow you to have the same players play each other in every round.

Personally I'd sanction up the other two tournaments and keep them seperate. It would be nice to have final standings available and it avoids difficulties where a player says they came 1st but the system indicates that a guy they never saw won.

Babayaga: I'm going to start a thread on just this issue of pairing outside age groups...

SteveP said:
After running the Dragon Pre-release tournament as three separate age-group tournaments (we didn't run it as one giant, age-modified tournament), my PTO entered the results in the online reporting system as one tournament. Apparently, the system handled the data properly. Did anyone else out there who ran 3 separate age-group tournaments report the Pre-release like this? I'm just wondering if this is okay, or are the TOs required to sanction 3 separate age-group tournaments? Obviously, this won't work if you report the tournament using the file download, but because we entered in the results manually, my PTO felt we could just report the results as one tournament.

I'm asking because we'll probably run our TA&TM Pre-release as three separate age groups (we expect 10-20 in each age group).

I know PUI has asked if you are going to run the the age groups as separate events that you need to let them know and they will sanction the tournaments for you if they approve them. Just have your PTO let PUI know a head of time Steve.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Actually, my PTO doesn't want to commit to sanctioning 3 separate age-group tournaments for the TA&TM pre-release because we don't know if we'll get the 8-player minimum for the 10-under group. We anticipate that we will, but with a $15-20 entry fee, you never know for sure.

Additionally, if we do the same thing for the CC (age-separated tournaments in lieu of age-modified), will the TO compensation be evaluated based on each individual sub-tournament, or all ages combined? BTW, for the CC, we're 100% sure that we'll have more than 10 players in each of the age groups.

SteveP said:
Thanks guys. Actually, my PTO doesn't want to commit to sanctioning 3 separate age-group tournaments for the TA&TM pre-release because we don't know if we'll get the 8-player minimum for the 10-under group. We anticipate that we will, but with a $15-20 entry fee, you never know for sure.

We had a severe lack of 10 and under players at both of the Florida Prereleases, when we already planned on having three seperate age groups. I believe we had around six at Orlando and five at Gainesville, for seperate reasons. What Heidi and Randy decided to do was combine the 11-14 and 10-Under, then seperate final standings, and award prizes.
-Phil

GymLeaderPhil said:
We had a severe lack of 10 and under players at both of the Florida Prereleases, when we already planned on having three seperate age groups. I believe we had around six at Orlando and five at Gainesville, for seperate reasons. What Heidi and Randy decided to do was combine the 11-14 and 10-Under, then seperate final standings, and award prizes.
-Phil

We have head around 10 or more players for the younger age group, but I still run just one tournament which has seemed to work for the Past three tournaments.

SteveP said:

Additionally, if we do the same thing for the CC (age-separated tournaments in lieu of age-modified), will the TO compensation be evaluated based on each individual sub-tournament, or all ages combined? BTW, for the CC, we're 100% sure that we'll have more than 10 players in each of the age groups.

No, you are compensated for your over all attendence of the main tournament.

**As for a Update on running 3 separate age-group tournaments for the Prerelease and such someone asked this on the PTO boards cause of this posting and it came back that it must be apporved by PUI first, and that the tournament would have to have a past history of a large attendence to warrent a split of the age groups like TX does with its 100+ players.

Back