Flygon EX

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by superman123, Mar 24, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. superman123

superman123 New Member

Flygon is a great card it spreads damege and kill gardelade I could play it with a water card to kill magmortar also. I was wondering what you thought about a Flygon EX/Flygon deck:eek:

2. garchompx12

garchompx12 New Member

well it fails without the holon engine and right now there are cards that do even more damage for the same energy costs and they could be DRE/scramble abused

3. moza

moza New Member

No. It does NOT win against GG just cause it is weak. GET THIS OUT OF YOUR HEADS PEOPLE, WEAKNESS =\= AUTOWIN!!!!!!!!

4. poke_master2008

poke_master2008 New Member

It doesn't really need the holon engine alright it does have a little more speed than the build i have...

Pokemon: 25

4-2 Furret - Helps get what i need
    4-2-3-2 Flygon d EX/Flygon d - Main attacker/Energy Accel.
    1-1 Pidgeot d - Stops claydol, Gardy, Catty etc.
    1-1 Cloyster d - Stops all of Mag's sniping attacks and Bring down
    4 Holon's Castform - Isnt that bad of a starter plus it helps that there isnt much :fighting: basics used anymore (Energy mostly)

Energies: 15

Psychic x12
    Holon WP x2
    Scramble x1 - Flygon d and Pidgeot d if needed

Then whatever trainer line you want

Also you could have this list:

3-2 Furret - Gets what you need
    4-2-3-2 Flygon d EX/Flygon d - Main attacker/Energy Accel.
    1-1 Pidgeot d - Stops powers of non d pokemon
    1-1 Cloyster d - Stops bench attacking attacks
    3 Holon's Castform - Energy mostly but an okay starter (depending on other basics in hand)
    2 Unown G - Flygon EX's only help against sonic blade

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

True it's not an auto win yet its not like 90-10 G&G either...sure they can stop your powers but yet if the player is skilled enough then they can find a way not to let it affect him much...sure they can OHKO a flygon d EX but usually they can only do that once (cuz it takes 5 prizes with or without a DRE) so if you play it correctly then you do have a good chance...i would say its 60-40 in G&G's favor yet depending on how fast you can get out pidgeot d (stops claydol and gardy from using their powers) then it slows them down more than you think and how fast you can get out a Flygon d EX....if you get them out REALLY quick (usually like T3-T4) then the favor is in that case usually in your favor but not always...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2008